Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two EA Folders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two EA Folders Empty Two EA Folders

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 23:08

So I've just recently patched my game. It was working fine but a message kept popping up. "You have installed an unofficial modification...blah blah" Anyways, I tried the ultimate fix again and still the message popped up. I tried turning on the compatibility mode to fix it but it seems that that has caused the problem with the two EA folders. Everytime I open the launcher, I have to reinstall all of my CC and its become very annoying. So, I turned off the compatibility mode and I still get this mess. 

Edit: I've restarted my game after turning off the compatibility mode but still no luck. I've also took out both EA folders but when I start the launcher, another one regenerates. I would uninstall my Sims 3 base game but all of my other EPs are downloaded from piratebay, it would take too long to redownload everything.

Last edited by floura-rose on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 00:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Back to top Go down

Two EA Folders Empty Re: Two EA Folders

Post by J.T. Mon 16 Sep 2013, 00:58

Hello,

Did you patch your game with manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch?

Don't you realise you have to download a NEW Ultimate Fix everytime a patch is released? The #crack inside the Ultimate Fix is updated every patch.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 01:24

Hi, 

I've manually patched and installed the #crack as well. The two EA folder issue has been solved somehow, I don't know but now I have another issue. 

I'm re-downloading come custom content now and a message pops up. "It looks like you have installed an unofficial modification...etc." I usually ignore it but I'm worried that my game will crash(this has happened before). I'm really sorry for all of this trouble Crying or Very sad   I appreciate your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 16 Sep 2013, 01:25

floura-rose wrote:Hi, 

I've manually patched and installed the #crack as well. The two EA folder issue has been solved somehow, I don't know but now I have another issue. 

I'm re-downloading come custom content now and a message pops up. "It looks like you have installed an unofficial modification...etc." I usually ignore it but I'm worried that my game will crash(this has happened before). I'm really sorry for all of this trouble Crying or Very sad   I appreciate your help.
Hello,

Where did you download the CC from? Just give me the name of the site, don't post the link.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 01:38

It's actually a whole bunch of CC from different websites. 

If I were to download a mod however, that wasn't compatible with my patch would this cause I problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Sep 2013, 02:08

floura-rose wrote:If I were to download a mod however, that wasn't compatible with my patch would this cause I problem?

Hello,

Yes, this could be a likely cause. Make sure that all your "mods" are compatible with your base game patch version.

//EDIT

You're going into the right direction - there is a reason why particular "patch levels" are given for each mod. Wink  This means that, most probably, they will only work with the given patch level.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 04:59

I've tried to play again and this is the error that pops up.

I don't know what to do. My mods are compatible with my patch.

Two EA Folders The_si14

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:53

Hello,

Can you redownload the Ultimate Fix and try again?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down