Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 folders don't appear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 folders don't appear Empty Sims 4 folders don't appear

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015, 08:24

Hi, so I downloaded the Sims 4 from G4TW and everything works fine, I played it a little and there are no apparent problems. I tried to apply the fix, followed through the steps about exceptions which wasn't hard, but when it came to dragging and dropping the folders to replace the others, I noticed that I don't have _Install, Game, Support, etc. folders in my base game folder. So where am I supposed to put them? I decided to just drop them in there anyway, but nothing showed up in the game, which I figured would happen. Where might I have gone wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I read through quite a few forums and didn't see this problem mentioned anywhere. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game from different setup links since there's a few provided with the base game.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 folders don't appear Empty Re: Sims 4 folders don't appear

Post by Guest Sun 24 May 2015, 09:27

Hi! @kristeaaa and welcome to thee games4theworld forum! Carlos is tha man!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

Try repairing The Sims 4 on the installer where you installed The Sims 4. it should fix your problem if a file has been deleted. It replaces the file that doesn't show up or has been deleted. 

Then try applying the fix now or the gtw ep. It should work now. and make sure origin is completely closed.

Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 07:27

I did all of that and it still didn't help. I've reinstalled it a few times too. I'm going to completely delete it and redownload the file from G4TW. I've never had trouble with and of the Sims 3 stuff on here so I don't think there's anything on my computer blocking it.

Update: I completely deleted it and redownloaded it from the G4TW website and the files still don't show up. I spent hours one night trying to figure this out, I don't even want to play anymore lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:45

Hi there,

Are you sure you're looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\  and NOT Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ ?

If so, can you kindly post a screenshot of the folder with the mission folders?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male