Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezes but animations continue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezes but animations continue? Empty Sims 3 freezes but animations continue?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 03:10

Hello everyone,
I need major help on this irritating problem. It's driving me insane!Mad 

I hadn't played Sims for a few months and then I updated it to it's latest update (using ultimate fix but the manual patch, because my game doesn't agree with the ultimate fix No shit, Sherlock. )
(Just thought I'd add, I'm on Mac)
Anyway, I also installed Island Paradise and then it started freezing but animations continuing (like seasons, trees moving, sounds). I can still move my mouse and change from fullscreen to windowed but NOTHING ELSE.
I have to force quit and restart my game all over again, which is such a slow process and I'd rather just not play at all.

I have CC and sims3packs (with the store fix from G4TW) and also have NRAAS Woohooer, Overwatch, Errortrap, Master Controller and Story Progression. 
I have now uninstalled Island Paradise thinking that that would solve my problem but nope. 

When I restart my game after it freezes, it seems to freeze at the same point (let's say it froze at 2:20 pm sim time then next time I play it will do it again, unless it fixes itself, or I 'save as', which did seem to work but now it seems that that has stopped helping me play for longer.)

I have also cleared all my cache and everything. My game is at the latest update but still it's being a pain in my tushy.
I've googled this problem too and people just suggest 'Errortrap' and 'Overwatch' which I already have installed but they don't really help my situation (although 'Total Reset' does make my game smoother, but then it just freezes up No shit, Sherlock.)

Sims 3 on mac is known for it's problems, but just thought I'd post and see if anyone could help me Sad )

(I've got Sims 3 Pets, Late Night, Ambitions, Town life Stuff, University, Generations and Seasons.

Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes but animations continue? Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes but animations continue?

Post by Dieneryn Mon 16 Sep 2013, 03:22

Hi, I will try my best to help you out here Smile

You mentioned that you used the ultimate fix but your game doesn't agree with the fix? I'm a little confused here.

I would like you to take a look at this guide.
Please look at Part 1 of the guide to see how you should update your game.

Next, look at Part 4 of the guide to see how to apply the Ultimate Fix correctly.

Please try it out and let us know the results Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes but animations continue? Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes but animations continue?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 03:29

Well when I say 'doesn't agree' I mean that when it goes to update the game after I've applied the ultimate fix it comes up with saying some of the files have been modified please reinstall, so simply I just use the manual patch from here and apply the crack that is in the Ultimate Fix files. 

I'm redownloading the ultimate fix to read the guide, but just one question, can I reapply the ultimate fix even when my game is patched to the latest update?

Thanks c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 16 Sep 2013, 03:33

Hi, silly me, i forgot to link the guide for you. Facepalm 

Please check it out here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

If you read the guide, you will find that the Ultimate Fix should be the LAST step.
And the only files you need are the two files in the #crack folder. the rest are not necessary.

Please follow the instructions in Part 4 of the Mac Guide instead of the installation guide found in the Fix. Smile

Do try it out and update me!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 05:49

Thanks for that,
I downloaded it and did everything you said to do,
I started up my game and played for about 10 minutes and then it froze on me.
This is so frustrating Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 16 Sep 2013, 08:24

Hmm. Have you tried lowering the game resolution?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 09:44

dieneryn wrote:Hmm. Have you tried lowering the game resolution?
I think I might of fixed it... For now.
I clicked the Town Hall and then Nraas then Master Controller, clicked Reset Everything and then I went to my home lot and reset that too.

I think if it stuffs up again I'll just do that. But I'll see how it goes tonight when I play it and I'll keep you posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:04

Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:57

Update on my sims again (sorry a bit late)

I thought I had fixed it and yet again today it started doing what it does best.. freezing. 
I've used all the reset's that are available and I even cleared out my documents (put them onto a usb, thinking it was a space issue) but that hasn't resolved it either.

I haven't tried lowering the resolution yet, so maybe I should do that soon. Also, I thought it could of been a mod issue too, but all my mods are updated and I'm just thinking it was the new update -_____-scratch 

So confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:14

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are still have the freezing problem!

Aside from lowering the resolution and using the "Save As" function, here are a few other things you could try:

- Keep your Sim's inventory as empty as possible.
- Using a mod to keep Sims' memories as little as possible.

You can also take a look at this link that Phoebe has posted before. It has many suggestions on how you can reduce memory usage which are quite often the causes of crashes.

I'm not quite sure if it is a memory issue you are facing yet, but no harm trying Smile

Do let us know if it works! Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top