Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Should I Proceed with Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Should I Proceed with Installation Empty How Should I Proceed with Installation

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 04:00

OK,  I have the following installed : 
-Base game (from DVD)
All others are from Games4theworld:
-High End Loft Stuff
-Outdoor Living Stuff
-Master Suite Stuff
-Seasons
-University
-Island Paradise

I did try to install Late Night but it said to uninstall everything, etc etc.  But I am thinking I might as well get the rest of the EPs and SPs from these guys (because they're awesome).  I assume I need to uninstall everything and install in order?  Would love some smart people insight!  Thanks :-)

Back to top Go down

How Should I Proceed with Installation Empty Re: How Should I Proceed with Installation

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:18

Hello,

You don't have to uninstall anything, and you can install everything in whichever order you like Very Happy
Just follow these instructions.

Note that you have to crack your game when you're done installing everyting, even though you have an original base game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How Should I Proceed with Installation Empty Re: How Should I Proceed with Installation

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:22

I noticed that Late Night had weird instructions that involved uninstalling everything... Is that still the case?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:24

Hello,

No, those instructions no longer apply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:25

OK... I'll try again.  I installed it 2 weeks ago and it messed up all of my games!  I'll go by that link you shared

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:29

Hello,

That probably had everything to do with the crack, it should all work after following those instructions. But let us know if you run into problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:31

Thanks so much!  I appreciate you responding.  I wasn't sure how truly active the forums were here.  Actually quick question - can you use your downloads with legal copies - like will the game still run OK if there's a mix?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:45

Hello,

Normally it would work fine, though there are problems when you have Steam versions, or a deluxe edition of the base game. Since you have the base game on DVD, there shouldn't be any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:47

I actually own almost all of the EPs and SPs... I just didn't install any of them onto this particular machine.  I wanted to test out Island Paradise and then kept adding to it.  I'll just stick to yours on this one then Smile  Appreciate your responses, again!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:55

Hello,

You're welcome Smile
Please let us know the end result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:53

When I try to install Pets, it tells me to insert disk 1.  How do I get this to stop?

//EDIT

Steps 2 and 3 have the same file name... And I did step 2 - applied all cracks per directions... and half of my games are missing now.

Helper Edit: No double-posting.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:37

itsjustdawn wrote:Steps 2 and 3 have the same file name... And I did step 2 - applied all cracks per directions... and half of my games are missing now.
Hello,

Please elaborate. I don't really understand what your problem is.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:40

OK the thread : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Steps 2 and 3 download the same files to my computer... Same exact everything...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:40

itsjustdawn wrote:OK the thread : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Steps 2 and 3 download the same files to my computer... Same exact everything...
Hello,

It may be because you have clicked the same link. Try downloading the patch and the Ultimate Fix again.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:44

*sigh*  Feel free to boot me out of here.  Wow.  I waited an hour for that to download... twice.  Yeah, I fee like an idiot now!  I hope it fixes this error : How Should I Proceed with Installation VhGMRt0

//EDIT

OK, sorry about the double posting... I didn't start a new topic about the Pets issue... I only commented on someone else's...

Helper Edit: No double-posting. Use the "Edit" function to edit your post instead for additional information.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:52

Hello,

"Unofficial game Modification" can be caused by outdated mods too. Do you have any mods?

Second,  You can fix The Sims 3: Pets "Disk 1" error by following this guide.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:55

Yes I have mods... Everything was fine until I installed the new update when you guys released it.  The game runs just fine, so should I be OK?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 04:56

itsjustdawn wrote:Yes I have mods... Everything was fine until I installed the new update when you guys released it.  The game runs just fine, so should I be OK?
Hello,

Did you update your mods? I suggest you remove the Mods folder and check the mods one by one to see if there are any updates. Because everytime a patch is released, mods (especially Override mods) should be updated.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 05:08

OK, this might sound stupid, but the only things I have aside from your games plus my retail Sims 3 is downloaded versions of everything in the Sims 3 store that I got from piratebay as well, plus something else to organize the folder (from modthesims)...and I can't think of what that program/file is called.  So those are the things to remove?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 07:08

Hello,

Mods are modifications. And they are in the form of packages. Can you go to My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages and check what mods you have. Also go to the folder "Overrides" to see if there are any mods.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top