Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 15:18

I have spent two weeks trying to sort this and i have done every single thing to fix it and its not working. My game will be fine for maybe an hour then it will crash and say 'sims 3 has stopped working' i have no custom content and im not sure what mods are but im pretty sure i dont have that, i've done the DEP thing and removed caches and i am completely confused, please help me!!Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 16:54

Hello,

Do you have any mods/CC? Please remove them completely by removing the content of the folders "DCCache" and "Mods" in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You can also disable in-game store in Options.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 17:04

Hello,

There isnt a 'mods' folder so i'm assuming i don't have any, and i have no cc at all

thanks for replying Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 22 Sep 2013, 17:18

Hello,

Does disabling in-game store help? If not, I suggest you rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and try again.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 17:33

Hello,

I've disabled shop mode, i will play and tell you if it crashes:)

//EDIT

Hello,

It hasn't worked and it crashed again Sims 3 has stopped working crash, help please:(!!! [SOLVED] Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 22:45

Please be sure to follow every step in this topic.
Then tell us if it helped!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 00:30

Hello,

i've done everything on that topic and nothing worked and i made a new game in a new world and everything was fine for ages, then i switched back to my old game and it crashed again, im starting to think its something to do with that, maybe i should stop playing my old game? would this make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 03:45

jessakl wrote:Hello,

i've done everything on that topic and nothing worked and i made a new game in a new world and everything was fine for ages, then i switched back to my old game and it crashed again, im starting to think its something to do with that, maybe i should stop playing my old game? would this make sense?
Hello,

I think the old saves are using too much memory, causing the game to crash. You can either 

(1) save the households oif the old saves to bin in Edit Town and create new saves with the same households.
(2) have a look at this guide.
(3) Download Porter and move your household using Porter to another neighbourhood (NOTE: your sims will lose all your households' relationships outside of the new neighbourhood)
(4) Confine your play sessions to a certain amount of time, then save and restart the game from scratch. (this is not the best solution)
(5) Type "Dixdiag" and hit "Enter" when you open up the Start Menu. The value after the line "Memory" is your pc's RAM. If you have more than 3000MB RAM. Allowing more RAM to be used by The Sims 3 by running "cmd" (command prompt) as Administrator.
When cmd pops up, try the following:
If you have 3072 MB of RAM installed, type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 and hit "Enter".
If you have 4096 MB of RAM installed, type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 and hit "Enter".
After that, restart your computer.
(6) Save your save-file as a new game (so you have a backup in case something goes wrong). Load the TravelDB.package in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\_.sims3 using S3PE. Select all the _IMG files within the package and delete them. Save the TravelDB.package.
(7) If all these don't work, try the following (advanced):
1. Save your save-file as a new game (so you have a backup in case something goes wrong).
2. Load the NHD file using S3PE
3. Select all the SNAPfiles within the package and delete them: At the bottom make sure the boxes for Display Names and Tags are checked. Also at the bottom, fill in "SNAP" in the Tag field (without the quotes)
4. Press the Set button, you'll see the SNAP field gets copied into the box below it
5. Tick "Filter Active". S3PE now only shows you SNAP resources
6. Highlight any of the resources and press ctrl-A
7. Wait (patiently, depending on your system and the number of SNAPs) until S3PE highlights ALL the SNAPs
8. Press the Delete button on your keyboard
9. Save the NHD file.

Please try espeically methods 6 and 7. Let me know if these work or not.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 23:00

ah! thank you it worked! not sure one one worked but something did:) thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:40

Hello,

Glad the solutions work! Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top