Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty The Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:39

Hi. I've been installed the sims 3 for about 3-4 times but when I played it and clicked the create sims, it always like freeze or sometimes turned into black screen and it stopped. Can you help me? I didn't have any mods or cc.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Re: The Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 12:42

Hello,

Have you followed correctly this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?
Also you can delete the following files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Go back to your The Sims 3 folder and look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it. (if there is anything in the folder WorldCaches)
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:17

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Have you followed correctly this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?
Also you can delete the following files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Go back to your The Sims 3 folder and look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it. (if there is anything in the folder WorldCaches)
Thanks for replying! I think I already followed the guide correctly. I couldn't find any WorldCaches in The Sims 3 folder though....  Oh and I already checked the game with the automatic ultimate fix and it said "access to the path C:\Bin\TS3W.exe is denied" what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:22

hwanniya wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Thanks for replying! I think I already followed the guide correctly. I couldn't find any WorldCaches in The Sims 3 folder though....  Oh and I already checked the game with the automatic ultimate fix and it said "access to the path C:\Bin\TS3W.exe is denied" what should I do?
Hello,

Do you have the admininstator rights on your pc? If not, go to Control Panel >> User Accounts and Family Safety >> User Accounts >> Change your account type and change it to administrator.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:42

Mine is already an administrator. I don't know what to do right now..... I already tried to delete the caches too and the game is still freeze and stop working again ;;

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 13:56

hwanniya wrote:Mine is already an administrator. I don't know what to do right now..... I already tried to delete the caches too and the game is still freeze and stop working again ;;
If you are really the administrator you should be able to crack your game. If not, try this:
1. Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button The Sims 3 has stopped working. 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47, typing mmc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.‌ The Sims 3 has stopped working. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_41 If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, click Local Users and Groups.If you don't see Local Users and Groups, it's probably because that snap-in has not been added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow these steps to install it:

(1) In Microsoft Management Console, click the File menu, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.Click Local Users and Groups
(2) And then click Add.Click Local computer, and then click Finish.
(3) Click OK.

3. Double-click the Groups folder.
4. Right-click the group you want to add the user account to, and then click Add to Group.
5. Click Add, and then type the name of the user account.

6. Click Check Names, and then click OK.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 14:11

It said the name is already in the list. Should I try with the different account?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 14:15

If you have just changed your account to administrator after I've shown you how to, you should reboot your computer so that the change can take effect. If that doesn't help, you should switch to another account.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 17:22

cat2006house wrote:If you have just changed your account to administrator after I've shown you how to, you should reboot your computer so that the change can take effect. If that doesn't help, you should switch to another account.
still not working. i was worried if i didn't install the game correctly. I still confused though with the guide in the link that you gave me earlier. Can you give me the detailed guide on how to install the base game and the expansion? thanks before Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top