Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town Empty Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 18:35

Hello, it's been a while wince I last wrote, I recently formatted my hard disk and i reinstalled everything.They work like a charm, other than a problem I have with the edit town.Whenever i'm on edit town, the game keeps lagging(like it freezes for 5 seconds,then the screen turns black, and then unfreezes for 1 second and the same all over again).Could this be a graphics issue?I also havent turn off the DEP, could that be It?

Also the message "the sims 3 hast stopped working" whenever I start the launcher is  important?or should I ignore it?Because this hasn't caused any problems in the past.

Thank you for your time guys~!

Back to top Go down

Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town Empty Re: Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:11

nancoula wrote:Hello, it's been a while wince I last wrote, I recently formatted my hard disk and i reinstalled everything.They work like a charm, other than a problem I have with the edit town.Whenever i'm on edit town, the game keeps lagging(like it freezes for 5 seconds,then the screen turns black, and then unfreezes for 1 second and the same all over again).Could this be a graphics issue?I also havent turn off the DEP, could that be It?

Also the message "the sims 3 hast stopped working" whenever I start the launcher is  important?or should I ignore it?Because this hasn't caused any problems in the past.

Thank you for your time guys~!

Hello,

At first, try to re-apply the manual patch, and then the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix. Copy them to the base game location and overwrite the existing files.

Of course, the DEP can be one reason too; so for now, look at this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Read especially the suggestions #2 (about the DEP) and #3 (RAM). And if you use the "4 GB patch", you have to apply it to the TS3W.exe in the base game location. So if you double-click on the 4 GB patch, and if you are prompted to choose an .exe file, you need to select the TS3W.exe.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town Empty Re: Constantly freezing while I'm on edit town

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 09:41

Thank you very much! Smile I'll try your suggestions and I'll let you know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:43

Please do! Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top