Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have to keep going the edit town route?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I have to keep going the edit town route? Empty Do I have to keep going the edit town route?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 12:32

Everything was fine, and then i installed Seasons.
Game was really slow loading up so i deleted all my saved games and started new which worked perfectly but now my sims that i created during my first play of seasons are sticking.

They will be stuck on one task forever, i tried to exit the task but all that did was x out the task but it stayed there. i tried adding other tasks thinking it would ignore that one and it didnt. i updated all my mods to make sure they were compatible.

I tried to ctrl shift c and then do the resetSim firstname lastname that didnt work either

I went into edit town and clicked just continue and then separated my household and then the other time i evicted them both and then put them back clicked just coninue and when i got them into the home and they were working fine i clicked save. ive had to do that numerous times now because nothing else works, not even the one i read to do moveObjects and then delete sim it just says cant click sim or something like that.

I restarted the game earlier and then removed some of my custom content i no longer use and when i went back in the ctrl shift c worked on one of my simmies but didnt work on the other so now my next move is to try running without cc but idk whats going on.

Back to top Go down

Do I have to keep going the edit town route? Empty Re: Do I have to keep going the edit town route?

Post by t2sink Sat 17 Nov 2012, 05:05

Does it just have the issue with the one save/town, or have you tried more?

Backup/Remove Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and try with a new save.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Do I have to keep going the edit town route? Empty Re: Do I have to keep going the edit town route?

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 05:13

everything saves, etc and now that ive been messing around with it, its only when they try to use the toilet. if i go to buy mode and remove the toilet and replace it then the action removes from the sim's task and they're free to do whatever. So something is going wrong when they try to use the bathroom.

//EDIT

i had previously deleted all my saved games, i never thought of trying a new town can i do that but keep my simmies?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 17 Nov 2012, 05:52

Want to know where the problems are coming from tho, so atm it's best to just do a new save, and check it with that, see if your current sims are holding onto the custom content causing them issue.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:04

same thing is happening Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Nov 2012, 21:06

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top