Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues adding expansions to Origin base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues adding expansions to Origin base game Empty Issues adding expansions to Origin base game

Post by Guest Mon 23 May 2016, 09:35

I have legit copies of The Sims 3 base game, all EPs aside from 3 (Ambitions, Showtime and Into the Future), and High End Loft stuff, updated to the most recent update through Origin.

I downloaded The Sims 3 Complete collection from G4TW and installed the expansions I was missing along with all the missing stuff packs. I then downloaded the Ultimate Fix as referenced here  (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) and moved the crack files to Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Now when I click the shortcut to my Sims 3 launcher, it either still prompts me to log into Origin before the launcher crashes, or the launcher crashes immediately without the Origin pop up.

What am I missing here? I've never had an issue with G4TW games before, so I'm really stumped as to what the issue could be. At this point, I can't even play the copies I purchased through Origin! Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Issues adding expansions to Origin base game Empty Re: Issues adding expansions to Origin base game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 May 2016, 12:33

Hello,

Can you still start the game from TS3W.exe? 
It's entirely possible that it's just the launcher that's crashing, but you can still play the game normally.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Issues adding expansions to Origin base game Empty Re: Issues adding expansions to Origin base game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 May 2016, 06:34

mmt3363 wrote:I have legit copies of The Sims 3 base game, all EPs aside from 3 (Ambitions, Showtime and Into the Future), and High End Loft stuff, updated to the most recent update through Origin.

I downloaded The Sims 3 Complete collection from G4TW and installed the expansions I was missing along with all the missing stuff packs. I then downloaded the Ultimate Fix as referenced here  (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) and moved the crack files to Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Now when I click the shortcut to my Sims 3 launcher, it either still prompts me to log into Origin before the launcher crashes, or the launcher crashes immediately without the Origin pop up.

What am I missing here? I've never had an issue with G4TW games before, so I'm really stumped as to what the issue could be. At this point, I can't even play the copies I purchased through Origin! Any advice as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Beyond what Edin said before, it is highly likely that the most recent 1.69 patch version from Origin does not mix (well) with pirated components. You did not have any issues with pirated components in the past, because up to the release of the 1.69 patch (which I guess was mainly intended to make life more difficult for people using pirated games), you were able to mix pirated stuff with Origin games.

See also the announcement here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22114-important-information-regarding-the-sims-3-version-1-69-36-0240

If you cannot get the game running, try uninstalling your Origin basegame of The Sims 3 and then also make sure to disable automatic Origin updates (see this here on how to do that).

Re-boot the computer afterwards, and re-install the base game from the Complete Collection. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top