Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 13:14

I downloaded all of the Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs today, and I can't get the game to boot. I applied the fix, and followed the instructions correctly. When I try and boot up the game, whether through the installer or just TS3W.exe, the I get a black screen with the blue loading circle for a few seconds, then the screen goes all black, then I get the message "Sims 3 has stopped working." 
I also added the 4GB patch, and tried running as an administrator, and with DEP. No luck.
I was thinking that this may have to do with the fact that I installed the games on my D: drive instead of my C: drive?

EDIT: Here is a crash log. 
Crash log:
Hope I formatted that right...

EDIT again: Okay okay. I used the crash analyser, and it said my games were out of date, so I updated them. Now, I get a new crash cause, that my graphics card is not in the database (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970). I looked online and added it to the database, but it is still crashing. 
Crash log (again):

Last edited by Simmeh-chan on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 14:18; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added crash log)

Back to top Go down

Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Re: Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Feb 2016, 04:48

Simmeh-chan wrote:I downloaded all of the Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs today, and I can't get the game to boot. I applied the fix, and followed the instructions correctly. When I try and boot up the game, whether through the installer or just TS3W.exe, the I get a black screen with the blue loading circle for a few seconds, then the screen goes all black, then I get the message "Sims 3 has stopped working." 
I also added the 4GB patch, and tried running as an administrator, and with DEP. No luck.
I was thinking that this may have to do with the fact that I installed the games on my D: drive instead of my C: drive?

EDIT: Here is a crash log. 
Crash log:
Hope I formatted that right...

EDIT again: Okay okay. I used the crash analyser, and it said my games were out of date, so I updated them. Now, I get a new crash cause, that my graphics card is not in the database (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970). I looked online and added it to the database, but it is still crashing. 
Crash log (again):

Hello and welcome to the forum @Simmeh-chan,

Before you installed the games onto the D: drive, did you make sure to create the installation folders beforehand ? See this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working Empty Re: Game won't start - Sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 11:09

Carlos wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum @Simmeh-chan,

Before you installed the games onto the D: drive, did you make sure to create the installation folders beforehand ? See this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

I did! Sorry, I forgot to update the topic. I managed to get the game to boot. Now it's really bad with stuttering. I tried lowering graphics settings, enabling vSync, installing a fps limiter, installed Overwatch. My fps would be at over 200 (before I installed the fps limiter) and when I pressed play it would go down to around 15. It was really bad in CAS and build mode too.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:37

Simmeh-chan wrote:
I did! Sorry, I forgot to update the topic. I managed to get the game to boot. Now it's really bad with stuttering. I tried lowering graphics settings, enabling vSync, installing a fps limiter, installed Overwatch. My fps would be at over 200 (before I installed the fps limiter) and when I pressed play it would go down to around 15. It was really bad in CAS and build mode too.

Hello again,

If you properly enabled vSync in your graphics card control panel, then there is no need for an additional FPS limiter actually ! If your game still stutters, try lowering the graphics settings in the in-game options. 

If you haven't done so yet, feel free to give "Razer GameBooster" a try (google it). This tool can help you free up some system resources, to help reduce the overall "load" on the computer a bit. Don't expect too much of it though. You will want to reduce your graphics settings in the first place and see how it goes from there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 13:14

Carlos wrote:
Hello again,

If you properly enabled vSync in your graphics card control panel, then there is no need for an additional FPS limiter actually ! If your game still stutters, try lowering the graphics settings in the in-game options. 

If you haven't done so yet, feel free to give "Razer GameBooster" a try (google it). This tool can help you free up some system resources, to help reduce the overall "load" on the computer a bit. Don't expect too much of it though. You will want to reduce your graphics settings in the first place and see how it goes from there.
 Yeah, lowering my graphics settings did nothing to help. vSync was definitely enabled, and didn't lower my FPS (I saw others with that problem too so I used the limiter). I really dont think this is a hardware issue, I've run the game much smoother on worse machines.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:20

Simmeh-chan wrote:I really dont think this is a hardware issue, I've run the game much smoother on worse machines.

Keep in mind though that "nominal" hardware strength alone does not yet imply anything about performance in The Sims 3. I've seen people running COD: Ghosts and COD: Advanced Warfare fluently on their desktop machines, but they still had issues with TS3. 

Some users have e.g. pointed out that TS3 tends to work slightly better on Intel-based computer architecture, rather than AMD parts. Assuming that both systems (Intel + AMD) have comparable specs, that doesn't mean that one brand is better than the other. It merely means that EA is "preferring" Intel over AMD.

TS3 is very good in-game wise, from the design of the game and ideas, but from a technical standpoint it was VERY poorly implemented. At this point, I'm afraid I can't suggest much more than that, I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 20:47

Carlos wrote:
Keep in mind though that "nominal" hardware strength alone does not yet imply anything about performance in The Sims 3. I've seen people running COD: Ghosts and COD: Advanced Warfare fluently on their desktop machines, but they still had issues with TS3. 

Some users have e.g. pointed out that TS3 tends to work slightly better on Intel-based computer architecture, rather than AMD parts. Assuming that both systems (Intel + AMD) have comparable specs, that doesn't mean that one brand is better than the other. It merely means that EA is "preferring" Intel over AMD.

TS3 is very good in-game wise, from the design of the game and ideas, but from a technical standpoint it was VERY poorly implemented. At this point, I'm afraid I can't suggest much more than that, I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
 Oh well, thanks for your help. I'm used to the Sims giving me pain over the years, it always breaks for me! Guess I'll stick to Sims 2 and 4, they seem slightly more stable. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top