Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placing new buildings after family moves to new town?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Placing new buildings after family moves to new town? Empty Placing new buildings after family moves to new town?

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 19:34

So... I moved my family from Moonlight Falls to Starlight Shores and I noticed that some buildings were missing, you know, the ones that you are asked to place when you start a new game... Can I make this request pop-up somehow? 'Cause I don't feel like placing all those buildings randomly, the game knows exactly which lots should be replaced by which buildings...

Back to top Go down

Placing new buildings after family moves to new town? Empty Re: Placing new buildings after family moves to new town?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Oct 2013, 19:53

CinnamonGirl wrote:So... I moved my family from Moonlight Falls to Starlight Shores and I noticed that some buildings were missing, you know, the ones that you are asked to place when you start a new game... Can I make this request pop-up somehow? 'Cause I don't feel like placing all those buildings randomly, the game knows exactly which lots should be replaced by which buildings...
Hello,

I'm not sure, but I think this pop-up only appears once; namely the first time (after installing a new expansion ?) when you start a new savegame. But either way, it's not a big deal.

If you go into "edit-town" mode and go to "community lots" you should actually see all available lots. So..in Starlight Shores you don't have an alchemy store (unlike in Moonlight falls). So for a start look in the community lot section for that shop and place it anywhere you like in the world (before that though, you have to click on a lot and maybe change the "lot type" from residential into community lot).

Generally, nothing is "replaced" (if I understood you correctly). If you have specific expansions installed and you start a new game, you will be "offered" to place the new lots, that have become available with the new expansions; or the lots will be placed automatically to empty spaces.

As long as you have the expansions installed, you basically have all available lots in "edit-town" mode, and as far as I know, there aren't any "restrictions" either, that some lots can only be placed in particular towns, etc.

I hope this helps you. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Placing new buildings after family moves to new town? Empty Re: Placing new buildings after family moves to new town?

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 13:32

Thanks for the answer, that's what I thought.

But it kinda sucks, I don't like mixing up buildings from other worlds and I can't select buildings by expansion pack or type (like in buy mode). I have to scroll through all buildings to find what I am searching for (god, I wish there was a search box in the game) and then I am not sure if it fits the world that I am playing in... unless I can tell by the icon, but I mix them up all the time, there's just too many of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top