Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 07:46

I have the retail sims 3 base game. I want to install the crack expansions. I have read through some threads that has similar problems with mine.

Question is, my sims3 is not in the path 《 c:\program files (x86)\electronic arts\sims 3\game\bin 》
Rather, if I install a crack expansion, only then the path is created. Do I have to unistall my base sims3 game and place it in that specific path? Am I missing something here..?

Btw, Ive downloaded the ultimate fix and in the process of getting the manual update patch. Presently my sims 3 base game is working fine

I hope you understand my question. Please help! Thanks!!

Back to top Go down

installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:25

Hello!
You need to install the expansions in the same path as your base game.
For example, if your base game install folder is D:\...\Sims Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, then the install path for your expansions should be D:\...\Sims Games.
Please do not move anything by yourself as this will mess up your game.

Back to top Go down

installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: installing crack expansion to originaal store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:38

Thanks for the quick reply!

That means I have to re-install my base game? Shocked 
If I'm not mistaken I can still hold on to my saved sims and files right? *I don't wanna lose em!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:54

No no, do not uninstall anything!!!
Just give me the installation folder where your base game is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:00

that's the thing. I don't remember which path folder I've installed them to. if i go through the sims 3 icon (Go to location file) it goes to the GAMES folder in my laptop. For the life of me, I don't know how to find out the path folder.

I will get back to you soon. Will try to find the root folder again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:05

Ok, to do this is simple:
Please open the Registry Editor, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3.
Then there should be the install path there...

Please tell me what it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:23

ohhh

c:\program files (x86)\origin games\the sims 3

//EDIT: Ok, so I have the ultimate fix. I should copy the 2 files in the #crack folder and replace the files in the c:...\sims 3\game\bin ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:39

Ok, so please install your expansions normally (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3), and then apply the files from the #Crack folder of the Ulitmate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
That should make it work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 16:40

It works! I've installed 2 expansions and they work well. Downloading other expansions now. Thank you so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 09:42

Sure! Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 05:25

Hi! i've got problems downloading the sims3 island paradise before but after installing it in (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) it works fine however now when i want to install the second expansion pack the university life which i downloaded the torrent from you guys i tried to install in the same place which is the (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) but it states that my island paradise have already been installed in this folder, please choose another! How? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 23 Nov 2013, 08:40

Simmer4lifezzx wrote:Hi! i've got problems downloading the sims3 island paradise before but after installing it in (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) it works fine however now when i want to install the second expansion pack the university life which i downloaded the torrent from you guys i tried to install in the same place which is the (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) but it states that my island paradise have already been installed in this folder, please choose another! How? Sad
We prefer people to open their own topic so that we can help them effectively. Please, instead of posting a problem under other people's topics, open a new topic. Otherwise, your question will never be answered.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 16:27

I will now close this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top