Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game? Empty Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game?

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 10:25

I've been searching for what feels like forever, and can't find anything that specifically answers my question. This is my first time ever downloading any torrents except like music from limewire back in the day, so I've been reading tutorials and everything trying to figure this out. I'm just about to give up and I really don't want to Sad
I do have the fix, I have read the *must read* page and I'm even having issues getting that to work, because I can't even install the expansions themselves. Honestly. I'm having problems actually installing the games, period. I'm really that helpless.

See, I bought the Sims 3 base game and generations a few months ago. I really want the other expansions so I downloaded the torrents for Ambitions, diesel stuff, fast lane stuff, katy perry sweet treats, late night, master suite stuff, outdoor living stuff, pets (fixed), seasons, showtime, town life stuff, university life, and world adventures.
They were .rar files, so I figured I needed to unzip them and I have 7-zip, so I used that. Then everything just got all messed up and weird, when I tried installing them it said that it wasn't compatible with my game or something, it was very strange and frustrating.
Then I continued to look stuff up and used winrar instead and did all of that and now I'm like "what now?" It says make sure you have the games4theworld version of the base game and I've read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1097-question-about-installation-of-the-sims-3-expansion-packs-solved but that didn't help me.
I tried installing world adventures, and was following the first 2 steps but I don't have a HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 folder. It's just not there. I think that's because I bought the base game rather than downloading it, but I'm not sure.

What I'm asking is - can someone please give me a walk through as to how to install the expansions to the base game/what the heck am I doing wrong? This is probably the most basic thing in the world, but I really need help.

I also have a few mods, if that changes anything. Aside from CAS mods, I have NRaas story progression and woohooer.

In case my question was confusing (it probably was, and I apologize for rambeling) I need a step-by-step for dummies guide as to how to install this, especially with a bought copy of the sims and generations.
If this has already been asked, I'm sorry! I looked and couldn't find anything as specific as what I'm asking.

Someone PLEASE help me out, thank you so much in advance!!

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game? Empty Re: Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game?

Post by invalidusername Mon 20 May 2013, 17:36

Are your bought expansions a "deluxe" set, by any chance?

Also, make sure you unzip the expansions into different folders, a lot of them share filenames, so your computer will only try installing the most recently unzipped ep, and likely throw errors at you.

Also, try installing a stuff pack next, like town life or something. Those don't have any special instructions, so we might be able to figure this out. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game? Empty Re: Installing expansion/stuff packs on store bought sims 3 base game?

Post by Admin Mon 20 May 2013, 20:03

Hello,

The instructions are the same for bought/retail games, just be sure to follow these instructions carefully and DO NOT skip any steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As for the WA SKU value, try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t177-can-t-find-the-sims-3-sku-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top