Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED] Empty Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 19:41

I tried the download link for the 1.57 patch from this website and did not work, said that there is no connection to the page like if it was an internet problem, tried it with different browsers and still got the same response and tried searching for a different download for the 1.57 patch and still same results! so confused as to why its not letting me download when its working for everyone else?!

Back to top Go down

Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 11 Oct 2013, 23:54

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum!
This link seems to be working just fine for me: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.57.62.0230xx_update.exe

if it didn't work, try copying the link to your browser manually.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Tried to download the new 1.57 patch but links dont work?? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 00:36

WhatDidUJustCallMe? did not work. Tried to type the URL instead but the same thing came up. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 00:45

damnit847 wrote:WhatDidUJustCallMe? did not work. Tried to type the URL instead but the same thing came up. Sad
Hello,

Can you try the solution I suggested in the following topic ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13831-unable-to-download-patch-157-solved

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 01:00

Carlos G. wrote:
damnit847 wrote:WhatDidUJustCallMe? did not work. Tried to type the URL instead but the same thing came up. Sad
Hello,

Can you try the solution I suggested in the following topic ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13831-unable-to-download-patch-157-solved

I tried the instructions on the topic and did not find anything related to EA in those files, actually did not find the etc/hosts file. I checked them all just in case and did not find any file that is a notepad.

//EDIT

Also, I just went to find out if I can get the update just from the launcher but says my game is up to date but its only at 1.55

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 01:08

damnit847 wrote:
I tried the instructions on the topic and did not find anything related to EA in those files, actually did not find the etc/hosts file. I checked them all just in case and did not find any file that is a notepad.

//EDIT

Also, I just went to find out if I can get the update just from the launcher but says my game is up to date but its only at 1.55
Should you have that file, you might have to right-click on it and choose "Open with.." and then select "Notepad"; but if there is no file called "hosts", then alright. But there is not much what I can tell you anymore; yes, try the launcher if you want, but the link for the manual patch works fine for me.

And please, use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add something.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 01:15

I only get to the drivers part of the file and thats as far as it goes, it then shows me 3 folders, Lan, NoteBook, and Video.  I am sure the link works fine just trying to figure out why its not working on my computer.  

Oops sorry for not using the edit button. Will be sure to use it next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 02:34

You might just need to clear your browser cache. If your unsure how to do that, HERE is a good tutorial on how to clear your cache. You can also try downloading the patch in another browser, for example if you use IE ( Internet Exploder) you can try using Firefox or Opera instead, or vice versa.

If you still have problems and have switched browsers and/or edited the Hosts file your firewall may be blocking the site. Open your firewall software and look to see if the site is blocked, if it is then unblock the site and try again.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 22:02

I did try the different browsers and it did not change anything. It could be the firewall and I will give it a try to see if thats why I could not get to the link but I went ahead and downloaded the patch off a different computer and put it in one of those GB memory things and got the upgrade Very Happy. Thanks everyone for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 01:40

Glad to hear you got the patch. PLease let us know if you need any further help.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top