Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Pets installation problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Pets installation problems Empty The Sims 3 Pets installation problems

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 15:41

Hi ! I've had The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle:

(The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff)

installed on my laptop and everything is working fine but I wanted to add Pets, Seasons, University and Island Paradise as well. I have Pets now, I've downloaded it from you guys just yesterday but I couldn't install it. Whenever I tried, I'd get to the part where it will try to update the base game then I'd get an error and would not continue. So, I did step 2, and tried the manual patch but this time it says that there is no Sims 3 installed.

Running Windows 8. Thank God my failed attempts didn't damage the base game and I am still able to play ... still no Pets though Sad Help ! Thank you in advanced.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets installation problems Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets installation problems

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Oct 2013, 21:20

Kitt748 wrote:Hi ! I've had The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle:

(The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff)

installed on my laptop and everything is working fine but I wanted to add Pets, Seasons, University and Island Paradise as well. I have Pets now, I've downloaded it from you guys just yesterday but I couldn't install it. Whenever I tried, I'd get to the part where it will try to update the base game then I'd get an error and would not continue. So, I did step 2, and tried the manual patch but this time it says that there is no Sims 3 installed.

Running Windows 8. Thank God my failed attempts didn't damage the base game and I am still able to play ... still no Pets though Sad Help ! Thank you in advanced.
Hello,

Most likely the problem in your case is this "Ultimate Bundle"; it is a "modified" version, which means it is different from the games we use.

Games4TheWorld (like many other uploaders) use separate games, and not "collections". If you want to add new expansions, I'm afraid you have to un-install everything, and download the base game and the expansions from Games4TheWorld. Otherwise, I don't have another solution in mind. Wat.  (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Pets installation problems Empty Re: The Sims 3 Pets installation problems

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 13:40

I see. Well, as long as it's guaranteed to work, I'm willing to try. Thank you for the response ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 13 Oct 2013, 13:42

Be sure to read this before uninstalling.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top