Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?! Empty the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?!

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 20:11

hi all

the moment i click on the phone icon for any sim to go for travel or any other pupose...in perticular travel (coz this is happening everytime, in the last 5 times, in trying to go for travel option)

i downloaded and installed Paradise Island just yesterday...and i had movie stuff before PI...so im guessing its something to do with PI...i have replaced the crack in PI rar with the ultimate fixes crack from #crack folder..still the same...

please HELP! asap...
thx
ash

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?! Empty Re: the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?!

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:04

The files from the #Crack folder don't go in any rar file, but in the base game installation folder which is C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
If this is what you did, then try and clear the cache: go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and delete:

¤ The folder DCCache
¤ The files CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache and socialCache.
See if this works...

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?! Empty Re: the sims 3 sim gets stuck when using the phone!?!

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:55

hi

thx for the reply 

i did exactly as u mentioned...but

i lost my save game and hidden springs too...didnt look any further but possibly lost more stuff... Facepalm Shocked Crying or Very sad scratch 

ammm...now what do i do...!?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Oct 2013, 23:57

You must have deleted "DCBackup". Please undelete it if you can (restore it from the Trash).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:03

oh! my...k so i can see ccmerged in the dcbackup folder...and remember seeing 3 files instead of just the one...can u please tell me which would those other files be...or which all files are there in that folder...coz ima have to recover using file recovery software...permanent delete...my bad...Facepalm ... :wall face palm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:06

Apart from ccmerge, the files look like 0xNNNN where NNNN is a whole lot bunch of numbers and letters...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:09

oh! well...anywho...just tried recuva and apparently most of the files i had just deleted in this 1 hour are unrecoverable...guess ima ave to start a new game and install hidden springs again and then ima be able to confirm if deleting those caches helped...if that still happens then what do i do!?

also if those dc backup files get deleted then except installing hidden springs and starting a new game what  other stuff am i looking to reinstall??...any ideas!

also another thing is is the fact of deleting those particular cache files to overcome the trouble i stated in my OP just your hunch or will doing that work for sure!?

thx Smile

Last edited by ashnagar1013 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 00:11

Well you shouldn't have lost a world. This folder is backup (saved items and games).
This is weird.

Please re install the world and keep us updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 01:14

UPDATE:

k so...YEY! Smile ..thx...now im able to travel...but when i select roommates and click the option to disable roommate service the sim get stuck...Facepalm

Moderator edit: please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add something. Double-/Multi-posting/bumping is considered impolite here. Thank you.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:49

Are you using any mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 16:24

no sir...no mods here... Smile

@Carlos - sorry..didnt know 'bump' was considered impolite here.

bump... Razz 

hehe...k...will keep in mind and not use it again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 16:32

Please try and delete your Cache again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 19:20

k...UPDATE - 

i tried once again with deleting the cache files and then starting sims3 and no change...whats more i read a  post saying to open the console command and type 'resetsim' command...so i tried that and i cant open the console command screen or click for options...or click other sims or objects or anything its like the game is stuck but at the same time only and only the damn green sim's symbol over the sim's head is active...hence i had to end task the game to come back...Facepalm Sad Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 22:58

Opening console is Ctrl+Shift+C. THen type 'resetsim [nameofyoursim]'. For example: 'resetsim Bella Clark'.
See if that helps...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 00:51

yup done that...it wouldnt come up...the only option it leaves with me every time i try to click the disable roommate service is 'end task' ...i can pan the camera, select any options, select any objects or sims neither can i open console commands screen...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top