Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck Sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck Sims Empty Stuck Sims

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 05:24

Whenever I attempt to have dialogue between Two Sims, they become frozen in action, standing there smiling and apparently attempting to do the task, but not moving at all. After resetting both sims and trying again, they may have one or two lines of dialogue then become stuck again. Anyone else experiencing this issue/know how to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Stuck Sims Empty Re: Stuck Sims

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 09:11

Sims getting stuck seems to be happening a lot. Surprised no one has tried to look into it because it seems like something that's wrong with the crack/game. Removing mods and scripts fixed my freezing problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 09:27

I disabled script mods and it worked for a dialogue option or two, and then went right back to not working.  I really hope I don't have to get rid of all of my mods... I have a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 13:48

I had to get rid of all mine then slowly add them back in by bunches of 100. In the end, I lost a little less than half my mods and all my scripts completely. Sucks since they were really helpful. Best bet is to remove all mods, see if the game works fine. If it does, you're gonna spend an hour or so moving them back little by little to see which breaks your game. Never had this problem with my legit game. All mods and scripts work with an updated game (just doesn't have GTG) so this leads me to believe G4TW has something messed up with their crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 11:47

I'm having the same exact problem. I tried taking out my mods, but the issue persists. Can we get someone to take a look at the crack? I'm going to try to clean install again, but this bug is a nuisance. 

Oh and the issue started only after installing the Get Together ep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 02:11

The issue seems to be the newest update, the 1.13.104 one.

And it's not the crack, but the actual patch. I know this because I played with both Expansions before the Ultimate Fix with the update was ready and it was all going fine and amazing, mods included. Update hit, and now it's happening. Apparently, they already released another one (106) but they don't mention this issue, but others instead. We'll have to wait for someone to fix it or for EA to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 02:24

Menesteres wrote:The issue seems to be the newest update, the 1.13.104 one.

And it's not the crack, but the actual patch. I know this because I played with both Expansions before the Ultimate Fix with the update was ready and it was all going fine and amazing, mods included. Update hit, and now it's happening. Apparently, they already released another one (106) but they don't mention this issue, but others instead. We'll have to wait for someone to fix it or for EA to do so.

I wonder how EA (or whoever they hire to work on the technical backend of the game) always manage mess up existing game features in Sims games ? Especially now, that The Sims 4 does not have that much actual in-game content, compared to earlier titles. But OK.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 09:09

I think they just hate us, it's the only reason. Right now, I disabled all my mods, and I'm doing the thing where I enable them little by little. It seems to be working. I'm enabling them by alphabetical order. I think, personally, it was an issue of the amount of CC I have in the game. 

I dunno if it also happens, but I can tell Sims are about to start getting stuck when they can't open a fridge. They immediately "reset" when they're about to cook and can't do anything. For now, I guess, we might have to look into the number of CC we have and wait until EA stops hating us.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 20:50

Menesteres wrote:I think they just hate us, it's the only reason. Right now, I disabled all my mods, and I'm doing the thing where I enable them little by little. It seems to be working. I'm enabling them by alphabetical order. I think, personally, it was an issue of the amount of CC I have in the game. 

I dunno if it also happens, but I can tell Sims are about to start getting stuck when they can't open a fridge. They immediately "reset" when they're about to cook and can't do anything. For now, I guess, we might have to look into the number of CC we have and wait until EA stops hating us.

The few times I have had these various fridge glitches, I just exit the game (with or without saving), restart, and then everything seems to work fine again. Of course, that may not work for everybody. In any case, I may even think that these constant bugs are put in deliberately, not so much because of (irrational) hate, but rather because for strategic reasons (lots of bugs -> people are anxious to wait for patches, despite being angry).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jan 2016, 21:38

Carlos wrote:The few times I have had these various fridge glitches, I just exit the game (with or without saving), restart, and then everything seems to work fine again. Of course, that may not work for everybody. In any case, I may even think that these constant bugs are put in deliberately, not so much because of (irrational) hate, but rather because for strategic reasons (lots of bugs -> people are anxious to wait for patches, despite being angry).

Cant agree with you more on that last thing.  Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top