Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow?? Empty How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow??

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 23:11

I got the world Midnight Hollow in The Sims 3, I tried to make a car showroom in my world (Sunset Valley), but when i try to buy the cars it won't allow me, it says that this type of object can't be placed in this type of lot (Community Lot), can anyone help me??

PS- I placed the Savvy Seller's Parking Lot

Back to top Go down

How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow?? Empty Re: How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow??

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 04:45

From what I've read, EA did not make any changes to the restrictions they have in place for community and residential lots.  People have suggested having your Sim purchase the cars, go to the car showroom lot and place them on the parking spaces.

That doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  And, if you do that, when you go to Edit Town, the cars will likely be moved back to your family inventory.  It sounds like a no-win work-around.

If you're not opposed to adding a mod to your game, you can use Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction Choker.  This will allow you to place any object on any type of lot.  I just checked Buzzler's mod in my game and it works up to the latest patch.

The mod is hosted on Mod the Sims (MTS).  You will need to be registered, or register to access the mod (it's free).

The link is below, you want to go into the Files tab and select Buzz_BuildBuyRestrictionChoker.  Buzzler has multiple mods listed under the Hard Hat Area, including the one above.

http://modthesims.info/d/450059

Edit to add: I did go in-game and tried to build a car showroom lot without Buzz's mod, and got the same denial.  Why would EA add car parking spaces without changing the lot restrictions?  Are we supposed to sell cars from our driveways?  Not real questions, just shaking my head at EA. Shame, shame, shame.

Back to top Go down

How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow?? Empty Re: How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow??

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 21:32

Ill try tht.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 04:11

Also, I'd like to point out that if you are using Nraas Overwatch it will clear the car on your car selling lot unless you tell it to not clear cars at all. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 00:34

Ill try tht see if it works!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:41

Adding an update.  The most recent version of Overwatch ignores the cars that are placed on the Savvy Seller parking spaces.

"Vehicles parked on "Savvy Seller" parking spaces are now exempt from cleanup."

Back to top Go down

How can I make a car showroom in The Sims 3, with Midnight Hollow?? Empty Adding Cars to a Community Lot and using Savvy Seller's Collection

Post by Guest Sun 09 Mar 2014, 11:23

I don't know if this will help or not, but I wanted to add it if someone doesn't have the NRAAS Master Controller Overwatch Mod.  I wanted to make a car lot to sell cars.  I made the building and set up everything except the cars as a community lot.  I then changed the lot  to residential to be able to add the cars.  I then changed the lot type back to commercial and the cars stayed.
The cars showed up for sale.  When I first did this, I used the rugs, and then realized the parking spaces were included in another Savvy Seller's Collection that I found online.
CCZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top