Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with update 1.63

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with update 1.63 Empty Problem with update 1.63

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 04:22

I just installed the manual patch from here and the ultimate fix as well. When I went into the game and played I noticed that the traits and likes were missing then the age bar wasn't filled up at all... I don't know if this is a problem with the update or the fix. Just wanted to let you guys know so you can look into it!

*Just went into CAS and all hairstyles were missing as well. No pictures or icons to click

Back to top Go down

Problem with update 1.63 Empty Re: Problem with update 1.63

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 06:02

Leasha9227 wrote:I just installed the manual patch from here and the ultimate fix as well. When I went into the game and played I noticed that the traits and likes were missing then the age bar wasn't filled up at all... I don't know if this is a problem with the update or the fix. Just wanted to let you guys know so you can look into it!

*Just went into CAS and all hairstyles were missing as well. No pictures or icons to click

//MOVED

Hello,

I'm not sure, but generally, outdated mods can cause this too. Make sure that all mods are compatible with your new base game version 1.63. Beyond that, are you familar with the "NRAAS Master Controller" mod ? You can get it here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Keep in mind that if you want to change your Lifetime wish and your traits, you need the "Base-mod" PLUS "Cheats". So download and install both modules. If you don't know how to install these kind of files, look here  http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

(look at "how to install .package files").

For a complete list of interactions of Master Controller, look here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions

Type Ctrl + F to open the search function and type in what you are looking for; you have to find out where (inside the Master Controller menu) you have to look for these functions.

Good luck !

//EDIT

I'm not sure about the hairstyles; are these "custom content"-hairstyles ? If yes, can you try re-installing them ? It's possible that they might not work with the latest base game patch version, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 06:36

I haven't checked if there are updates for all my NRAAS mods yet, and as for the hairstyles its base game and all expansions missing. I just bought a new laptop so I don't have any cc to worry about. I will go download the new updates for NRAAS and see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 06:54

Leasha9227 wrote:I haven't checked if there are updates for all my NRAAS mods yet, and as for the hairstyles its base game and all expansions missing. I just bought a new laptop so I don't have any cc to worry about. I will go download the new updates for NRAAS and see how it goes.
The thing with the missing hair is really interesting, can you make a new savegame to test if the hair shows up there ? Another possibility (of course) could be to un-install the base game, and then re-install it, but I'd like to avoid that - for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:09

Ok, the update to NRAAS did the trick for the hairstyle glitch... but the traits etc. still aren't showing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:14

Leasha9227 wrote:Ok, the update to NRAAS did the trick for the hairstyle glitch... but the traits etc. still aren't showing up.
So did you try to change/set the traits of your sims again, with Master controller ? And if you want to give it a try, take out all stuff, which is not from NRAAS.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:31

I did as you said and tried changing with MasterController. That didn't work so I took out all other mods etc. and it is one of the ones I took out that is making the traits and likes disappear, finding which one is the problem lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:33

Leasha9227 wrote:I did as you said and tried changing with MasterController. That didn't work so I took out all other mods etc. and it is one of the ones I took out that is making the traits and likes disappear, finding which one is the problem lol
The 'classic' method is to put the mods back in one-by-one, but depending on how many ".package" files you have this might be tedious. You can also try to 'scan' your files with "Delphy's Dashboard" (google for that).

Beyond this, I'm afraid there is no easier method to find out which mod is the culprit. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:35

Thanks so much for your help! I don't have a lot but I will have to save it for tomorrow, going on 2 am here! Thanks again and have a great night/day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 07:45

I just ran Delphy's to see and it says that all the store fix files are conflicting with each other (from here at G4TW)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 20 Oct 2013, 08:07

Leasha9227 wrote:I just ran Delphy's to see and it says that all the store fix files are conflicting with each other (from here at G4TW)
Do you have the latest store fixes installed?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 17:09

yes, i have the latest store fix as of: 30-09-2013.

why else would it say that its conflicting?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Oct 2013, 21:12

Leasha9227 wrote:yes, i have the latest store fix as of: 30-09-2013.

why else would it say that its conflicting?
Alright, then. I should have mentioned that this dashboard is not always accurate, so....do you actually have any other .package files ? Have you tried "filtering" them, like I explained above ? (i.e put one in, start the game, see if it works, then exit the game and put the next mod in, etc.).

There is not much else what comes to my mind, I'm afraid.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 19:10

Carlos G. wrote:
Leasha9227 wrote:I haven't checked if there are updates for all my NRAAS mods yet, and as for the hairstyles its base game and all expansions missing. I just bought a new laptop so I don't have any cc to worry about. I will go download the new updates for NRAAS and see how it goes.
The thing with the missing hair is really interesting, can you make a new savegame to test if the hair shows up there ? Another possibility (of course) could be to un-install the base game, and then re-install it, but I'd like to avoid that - for now.
The nraas mods have been updated cos i have just done all mine, i am having the same problem with the hair, no hair is showing up at all and i have tried the take the ea folder out and start again but that didn't work, do you know which mod fixed the hair as i really want to solve this fast, thanks Fi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 08:59

I updated Mastercontroller and Woohooer. But make sure you update all the modules other than the base mod you downloaded otherwise they will conflict as well.. hope that helped you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top