Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems after latest update - fixed it on my own eventually. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems after latest update - fixed it on my own eventually. [SOLVED] Empty Problems after latest update - fixed it on my own eventually. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 02:41

So I did the manual patch and ultimate fix and things went to hell, some worlds not loading properly, no hair in CAS, incredible lag, sims going invisible.  I thought WTF.

I knew however that the stuff all worked previous to the patch, I also knew that the manual patch and ultimate fix I get from here always works (this is not a bash G4TW thread by the way), they are tested well and I have never had a problem.  I followed all the instructions but nothing was working.  So I checked around various forums and saw others having similar problems although not as many as mine it seemed.  I tried all the suggested fixes by deleting cache files, removing all mods etcetera.  Nothing worked, one suggested fix would fix one problem but others remained...nothing fixed it all.

I said to myself that I knew everything worked before and that everything from G4TW worked.  So I did a complete uninstall and reinstall.  I had backups of all my custom content, all my mods etcetera, so it was no problem to just do it all from the beginning.  And lo and behold everything was fixed, everything runs smooth, everything is back in CAS and no lag.  I followed all instructions from the G4TW installation instructions and the ultimate fix and everything is perfect.

I guess the point of this post is that if you are having a problem and have tried the various suggested fixes and nothing is working, consider doing a complete uninstall and reinstall.  From what I have seen in a half dozen other forums, this patch is messing up even the legit copies of the game, not loading CC, lagging.  So if you have saved all the G4TW stuff and can do it fairly easily, this is probably a good option for you if nothing else seems to be working.  It might save you some frustration if the obvious fixes don't actually fix anything, and the bonus is you get a clean install which definitely seems to cut down on lag.

Just to clarify, the fresh install included the manual patch and latest ultimate fix.  I reinstalled everything from G4TW and it all works great.  I think the patch from EA broke stuff just because the game is so large now and it just really needs to be a fresh install in some cases.  Many others, even those with legit copies, are doing fresh installs to fix the problem.

Last edited by cat2006house on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarifying)

Back to top Go down

Problems after latest update - fixed it on my own eventually. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems after latest update - fixed it on my own eventually. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:38

Thank you for your tip!

Glad to hear you solved the problem by yourself. Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top