Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED] Empty installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:22

Hello everyone,

I was unactive on this forum for a long time since the Sims worked quite well, so maybe someone remembers me though. Anyway the new games into the future and movie stuff are new and i want to add those games for the main game. The latest game i had installed was Island Paradise and the latest accessoiry pack was 70s,80s,90s stuff. How can i make it work with the new movie stuff accessoiry pack and into the future game? Is it just installing in some order? Do I need to patch anything though? Just explain it in easy steps how to make it work with the main game.

Thanks a lot.

Back to top Go down

installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:32

Kai-ShockWave wrote:Hello everyone,

I was unactive on this forum for a long time since the Sims worked quite well, so maybe someone remembers me though. Anyway the new games into the future and movie stuff are new and i want to add those games for the main game. The latest game i had installed was Island Paradise and the latest accessoiry pack was 70s,80s,90s stuff. How can i make it work with the new movie stuff accessoiry pack and into the future game? Is it just installing in some order? Do I need to patch anything though? Just explain it in easy steps how to make it work with the main game.

Thanks a lot.
Hello,

1) At first, I suggest you disable your "The Sims 3"-folder in My documents/Electronic Arts. Just rename it into anything you like.

2) Now make sure to download the latest versions of your mods (if you have any). Copy them to your renamed "The Sims 3"-folder, replacing the existing ones. If you don't have any mods, skip this step, of course.

3) Now...download and apply the manual patch from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch-updated

4) Download and install "Movie stuff" and/or "Into the future". The order doesn't matter. Each time, create an empty folder (so create two folder if you want to install both). Open and extract the downloads with WinRAR. Extract the contents of one expansion to ONE folder, the contents of the other expansion to the SECOND folder. You want to have a separate folder for each download.

5) Re-apply the manual patch (even if it says your game is updated already).

6) Do the steps #3 and #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

7) Rename the folder "The Sims 3" back to normal again.

And that's it !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: installing the 2 latest games. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:41

Well its kind of hard for me to understand, sorry for that. What do you mean with disable? just renaming the folder? And at step 6 you said do steps 3 and 4 here does that mean those steps in the link or in this topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:45

Kai-ShockWave wrote:Well its kind of hard for me to understand, sorry for that. What do you mean with disable? just renaming the folder? And at step 6 you said do steps 3 and 4 here does that mean those steps in the link or in this topic?
I'm sorry to hear that, but yes, I recommend to just rename the folder, into anything you want. And yes, I mean the steps #3 and #4 in the link I posted. In other words: download the latest Ultimate fix (step #3) and then apply it (step #4).

Again, I'm sorry, but I cannot make the instructions "easier"...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:53

I didnt put any mods in it, but do i need to replace the mods folder that includes packages folder and overrides folder? There's nothing in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:59

Kai-ShockWave wrote:I didnt put any mods in it, but do i need to replace the mods folder that includes packages folder and overrides folder? There's nothing in it.
Like I said, if you don't have any mods or if you don't even have the Mods folder, then skip the whole step.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 03:01

I have one last question, step 3 in that link is downloading the ultimate fix patch and in the manual says step 10 that you need to replace the file in the ts3 game bin directory. Do i need that or do i only need the crack? Or do i need to to step 10 and then the crack after it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 07:45

Kai-ShockWave wrote:I have one last question, step 3 in that link is downloading the ultimate fix patch and in the manual says step 10 that you need to replace the file in the ts3 game bin directory. Do i need that or do i only need the crack? Or do i need to to step 10 and then the crack after it?
Actually, step #3 only says to download the Ultimate fix, not to do anything with it.

Again, after applying the manual patch, it's enough to copy the two files from the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix, to the base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. You need to replace the existing files. This is then step #4 in these instructions.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:52

Well it seems like it's working. Thank you. You should be honored for this work. Have a nice day!

Moderator edit: Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top