Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED] Empty Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 06:03

I have the retail downloaded version of The Sims 3 v1.67 via Origin as well as Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons & High-End Loft Stuff. I installed Supernatural from the torrent today since that was the only expansion that I really wanted beyond what I have and I followed the guides on here for the installation and for the ultimate fix while using the 1.67 manual patch. The game loaded in the launcher just fine (once I actually used the patch) but, when it came up, there were no save games, no neighborhoods, no options in the main menu, no nothing.

(I attached a picture of what it looks like in my game for reference.)

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this issue is that, as supernatural was installing, I realized that I still had all of my mods & cc installed. I'm not sure if that may have caused this issue but I would like to figure out how to fix this preferably without having to reinstall everything since I do not want to update to 1.69 due to it breakinh the nrass and who knows what other mods I have.

Last edited by Carlos on Sat 07 May 2016, 01:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to click Submit Query on image.)

Back to top Go down

Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 May 2016, 22:49

simmer99 wrote:I have the retail downloaded version of The Sims 3 v1.67 via Origin as well as Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons & High-End Loft Stuff. I installed Supernatural from the torrent today since that was the only expansion that I really wanted beyond what I have and I followed the guides on here for the installation and for the ultimate fix while using the 1.67 manual patch. The game loaded in the launcher just fine (once I actually used the patch) but, when it came up, there were no save games, no neighborhoods, no options in the main menu, no nothing.

(I attached a picture of what it looks like in my game for reference.)

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this issue is that, as supernatural was installing, I realized that I still had all of my mods & cc installed. I'm not sure if that may have caused this issue but I would like to figure out how to fix this preferably without having to reinstall everything since I do not want to update to 1.69 due to it breakinh the nrass and who knows what other mods I have.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @simmer99,

I moved your post to the correct section. In the Ultimate fix, there is a folder named #Crack. It contains two files: a TS3W.exe as well as a TSLHost.dll. Can you see them ? Smile  You must copy and paste the files into the following location:

C:\Program files (x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

And then replace the existing files when prompted. You probably used an outdated crack, which can cause the error. Beyond this, you do NOT have to use any other crack-file. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Nothing showing up on the main menu after installing Supernatural (on top of existing retail games). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2016, 02:51

Holy hell. I was so prepared to say "No, I downloaded the Ultimate Fix from the forums just yesterday and followed the instructions in the pdf including that of using the #crack after applying the patch" but I decided to move it again just for the hell of it and it worked. Now I'm confused as to why but, at the same time, I ain't looking a gift horse in the mouth. lol

I'm not even sure what I did wrong the first time cause I know I was tossing both the #crack folder files and the (everything after generations) one in there back-n-forth and testing both of them just to see if trial and error would fix it. When I copied them in this time around (from the #crack folder,) the files were still the same in every way except for the date modified tag. I didn't even bother re-downloading anything. Maybe it's because I kept origin open this time around when I copied the crack vs before when I made sure it was closed? I dunno. That's the only difference I can think of. Either way, moving it again worked. It didn't even bring up the "unauthorized modifications" window this time around like it did every other time I tried it. *mind blown*  Thanks!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to get back to us again anytime again ! Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top