Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED] Empty Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 17:17

Hi guys.. again.I have a bad habit of asking for help for anything. Sooo.. I have a problem.

Before installing Into the future , I applied Ultimate fix for 1.6.5 if I'm saying correct. After I installed the expanshion pack,I started the game.It runed with some lag,but it was ok. Today I opened The Sims 3 launcher and I received the message: Unable to connect to origin. I ignored the message. When I started a new game in "Sunset Valley", i was like Shocked What the hack is happening? The town runed so so hard , that I could just move left and right , every move in 6-7 seconds. I mean.. 7 seconds for moving a little in left? I closed my laptop , becouse I couldn't "save&exit" , couse I would stay 10 minutes just to press that function. I came on your site and found out "Ultimate fix" for 1.6.5 with Into the future crack. I downloaded it and applied as in instructions. I opened tha game . The same lag appeared. I tried this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes . Every single step! And nothing ..
Mods I have installed: poseplayer , Nraas woohooer , Aikea Guinea , cmar_pregnanity controller , and some Eskins. But I don't think those are my problems. 

P.S:Also tried to add to DEP . Again no good effect.

Help me please if you know how ! Sad

Back to top Go down

Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 19:20

Outdated mods, xml tuners, can and will cause problems to your game. (Lag like hell, make interactions not work, traits not show up, etc. etc.)

-Always check your mods to see if they can be played with the latest patch. Or wait until they can before patching your Sims game-

Also, I know Nraas woohooer has not been updated for 1.63, I checked Cmar's pregnancy controller and he says it works with 1.63. And the poseplayer has not been updated. I don't know what Aikea Guinea is so I can't say anything there. And Eskins sounds like a skin cc yes? If so then don't worry about it. But definitely go into your Mods Folder/Packages and delete the poseplayer and Nraas woohooer and let me know if that works Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 01:47

miruna98 wrote:Hi guys.. again.I have a bad habit of asking for help for anything. Sooo.. I have a problem.

Before installing Into the future , I applied Ultimate fix for 1.6.5 if I'm saying correct. After I installed the expanshion pack,I started the game.It runed with some lag,but it was ok. Today I opened The Sims 3 launcher and I received the message: Unable to connect to origin. I ignored the message. When I started a new game in "Sunset Valley", i was like Shocked What the hack is happening? The town runed so so hard , that I could just move left and right , every move in 6-7 seconds. I mean.. 7 seconds for moving a little in left? I closed my laptop , becouse I couldn't "save&exit" , couse I would stay 10 minutes just to press that function. I came on your site and found out "Ultimate fix" for 1.6.5 with Into the future crack. I downloaded it and applied as in instructions. I opened tha game . The same lag appeared. I tried this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes . Every single step! And nothing ..
Mods I have installed: poseplayer , Nraas woohooer , Aikea Guinea , cmar_pregnanity controller , and some Eskins. But I don't think those are my problems. 

Hello miruna,

You can always try removing all ".package" files from your Mods/Packages folder. And make sure that you always download the latest version of everything; for example, NRAAS mods are sometimes updated within just a few days. Re-check the site again. Then test the game. If it works, then put your mods back in one-by-one, until you find out which one is causing this.

Also, another (theoretical) possibility is this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Now open the file "Options.ini" and look for "edgescrolling =" What is the number next to edgescrolling ? The number should be 1. If it's something different, then change it to 1, save the file, then re-start the game.

What about some other, more general things ? You can always try defragmenting your hard-drive, and making some space (delete unnecessary stuff, un-install unused softeware/games, etc.).

Also, you can always try "Gamebooster" (if you don't have it yet). Look on Piratebay for that.

Good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 05:51

miruna98 wrote:Hi guys.. again.I have a bad habit of asking for help for anything. Sooo.. I have a problem.

I have the poseplayer, pregnancy controller Nrass woohooer and eskins and they are fine for the game. It's usually CC that will slow your game down [if you have a lot, like me]  Some mods can slow down the game especially big ones. But anyways do you have any CC? How much?  I have about 700+ CC and I' running with a bit of lag not too much and about 80 mods on an under powered laptop. I'm sure that if my game is running quite smooth for what it's having to take you can definitely do better (especially on a computer) What I do is make sure that there are no browsers open and I turn off my wifi on my laptop. I then access the task manager and end all of the unnecessary tasks. This helps quite a bit, Carlos suggested gamebooster but I got a virus from that I got malware BIG TIME. I think it was a link from here from a moderator too. But that's just a heads up maybe I got it from an untrusted website that put the virus in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:15

Well , I have 5 mods Very Happy . But , why when I delete a mod , some things of my installed items dissapear? Wat.

Carlos, in my Option.ini , edgescrolling = 0 . Should I change it to 1?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:25

miruna98 wrote:Well , I have 5 mods Very Happy . But , why when I delete a mod , some things of my installed items dissapear? Wat.
Do some of your CC appear in packages? If that is the case, delete the folder Mods will delete the installed items as well.

Anyway, make sure your mods are compatible with the base game patch level as IVIDandy mentioned.

You should change the number to 1, but I seriously doubt this will help much, since edgescrolling allows you to scroll the screen when the cursor is on the edge of the screen.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:32

Lag softened, but I'm afraid to install some new clothes, hairstyles or makeup because I am convinced that lag will reappear. This happends every time I install new CC. 
I tried game booster , but no change. I deleted Nraas woohooer and poseplayer , I'm going right now into the game to see tha change , but , as I said , I'm really afraid to install new CC becouse I'm pretty sure the lag will reappear.

Last edited by miruna98 on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:33; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 07:33

cat2006house wrote:You should change the number to 1, but I seriously doubt this will help much, since edgescrolling allows you to scroll the screen when the cursor is on the edge of the screen.

Dude, that was just a suggestion. Anyhow, if edgescrolling is not activated (can be done in-game too), then you cannot scroll the screen - or at least I can't.

@miruna98: yes, if you take out mods/CC you will always (temporarily) lose the stuff. We want to find out if they cause problems, so we take them out for now, and maybe we'll put them back in later, when we find out they didn't cause the problem.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 08:18

So .. there is a little change. I'm not having anymore suce a HUGE lag , just .. lag. I deleted Nraas Woohooer , poseplayer and what I thought it can be the problem , but I only have a big lag in CAS. That's why I'm really afraid to install other hearstyles/make-up/clothing , cuz I think the lag can be bigger then before if I do this . Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 08:30

miruna98 wrote:So .. there is a little change. I'm not having anymore suce a HUGE lag , just .. lag. I deleted Nraas Woohooer , poseplayer and what I thought it can be the problem , but I only have a big lag in CAS. That's why I'm really afraid to install other hearstyles/make-up/clothing , cuz I think the lag can be bigger then before if I do this . Wat.
How many expansions/stuff packs do you have installed ? I have ALL of them, and it takes a while for my desktop computer to "load" the stuff, lol. Laughing

You can always try clearing the caches again (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3):

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And with the NRAAS Master Controller mod, (please download the latest version !), there is an option which can help loading CAS quicker: it's in NRAAS/Master Controller/Settings/CAS/Show in Compact form: clothing. Just click on it, and the value will jump to "true/yes".  Then try CAS again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 08:59

Ok.Thanks very much for the suggestion . I'll try the master controller mod ,and I'll download the latest version. I hope . Buut , I'll look very properly this time Very Happy . 

P.S: I have to download this , right ? Very Happy Very Happy : Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED] Captur11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:04

miruna98 wrote:Ok.Thanks very much for the suggestion . I'll try the master controller mod ,and I'll download the latest version. I hope . Buut , I'll look very properly this time Very Happy . 

P.S: I have to download this , right ? Very Happy Very Happy : Lag problems.Again. [SOLVED] Captur11
Yes, this mod. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:06

Thanks Smile) . 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:42

Ok. Well I went into the game and started the master controller, but I have no idea what I should do. Can you explain in words, simply, what exactly should I do? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 09:48

miruna98 wrote:Ok. Well I went into the game and started the master controller, but I have no idea what I should do. Can you explain in words, simply, what exactly should I do? Rolling Eyes

No problem. Smile

So, what I would do is to go into "town view" first (that's where you see your hometown from above, like a "bird"). Now, go to the town hall logo, the color of the logo is red. Now if you click on the logo, you should normally see "NRAAS" somewhere, so click on NRAAS. THEN, continue like this

/Master Controller/Settings/CAS/Show in Compact form: clothing

It's like a big menu, where you have to go from option to option. Now, when you reach "Show in compact form: clothing", just click on it. Normally, you should then see a small window pop up, in the top right corner of your screen. The window should say something like
Show in Compact form: clothing = true or something similar.

And that should do. Go into CAS and see if that helped. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:52

pale It's a miracle ! Shocked I mean .. I play Sims 3 for 2 years and never CAS did not work better. Now , a have a verry little lag. Definetly NOT the same as before . Now,my CAS works better and my game also. Thank you a lot , to everyone who helped me here. I love you

Moderator edit: I guess the problem is solved then. Happy simming ! This topic is closed now.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top