Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 21:54

Hi, I've installed all Sims 3 expansion packs up to Into the Future, but for some reason I cannot seem to get the game working. When I try to use the launcher, the launcher just closes, but when I try to work around the launcher I get the "Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)" error. I have no CC or mods installed, either. I tried deleting the Electronic Arts folder for it to make new files, and I've tried checking the registry, but that didn't seem to work. I've tried applying the ultimate fix and the manual patch, the latest version as of today, but the problem still persists. Help please?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Oct 2013, 01:10

HakureiReimu wrote:Hi, I've installed all Sims 3 expansion packs up to Into the Future, but for some reason I cannot seem to get the game working. When I try to use the launcher, the launcher just closes, but when I try to work around the launcher I get the "Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)" error. I have no CC or mods installed, either. I tried deleting the Electronic Arts folder for it to make new files, and I've tried checking the registry, but that didn't seem to work. I've tried applying the ultimate fix and the manual patch, the latest version as of today, but the problem still persists. Help please?
Hello,

Please, re-apply the latest manual patch (version 1.63), and then re-download and re-apply the latest Ultimate fix, from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Open the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix, copy the two files in it, and paste them into your base game location. Usually that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If prompted, choose "Copy and replace", for both files (this means you should overwrite the existing files !).

Good luck and let us know the result !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start, service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:30

Nope, still no luck. It's still giving me the same error.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:38

If you don't have mods, then I don't see the reason why it doesn't work for you...

Please redownload (redownload please, don't use the same set of files) both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix from the link Carlos G. has mentioned. Redo steps 2-4 again.

It may be because either you have the outdated Ultimate Fix (or less possibly, you might have downloaded incremental patch instead of the manual patch, and incremental patch is not preferable).

Last edited by cat2006house on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:36; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 15:51

I've redownloaded the Ultimate Fix and the Manual Patch from this website today, but it still shows the same error. Maybe it must have been a problem with my installation, so I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the games and see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 19:53

OK, I've reinstalled the game and it seems to be working with the fixes applied. Thanks for your help. My problem has been solved, so please close this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top