Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder Empty Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 06:14

Problem:  When I start the game, I get a black screen with a loading circle for a mouse, and then the mouse disappears, and the window goes back to my desktop with the familiar error window "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification, blah blah, would you like to quit or continue".  The documents/EA folder is brand spanking new remade by the game, no mods, downloads, or saved games.

Details:  Okay, let me start at the beginning, because my problem my be there, and may be able to be fixed there, though I'd prefer not having to download 60gb worth of new files.  I have previously been playing using an all in one download I acquired.  Everything was running well, however, it was at version 1.55, and I wanted it at the latest version so I could do some modding.  A few things were suggested, tried, and thrown out.

I tried using older mod files, and they just caused problems.  I tried writing over the base game with an updated one, as others had suggested had worked, and it didn't talk to the expansions.  Then your website's fixes were suggested, so I reinstalled the straight AIO files (base + all expansions + all stuffs).  On top of this, I used your ultimate fix and update.  Running the launcher I encountered the ever lovely "Can't Connect to Origin" (ignored) and then it stated that it had updates for my store stuff.  First run through, I ignored this.  Later on I tried installing it to see if it would fix the problem, and it didn't.  When I started, I had mods in my documents folder, my saved games, and some downloaded lots.  They were later removed without fixing the issue.

The issue is that I start the game, get a black screen with a loading circle for a mouse, and then the mouse disappears, and the window goes back to my desktop with the familiar error window "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification, blah blah, would you like to quit or continue"

After renaming my documents folder, it created a brand new one with nothing of consequence in it.  Started it up, same error.  I downloaded the updates from the launcher as a last ditch effort, no change.  I tried every single executable game starter in the program files in case a different one would give different results, no change.  I must admit I am quite desperate to avoid having to download each item singly when I've already downloaded so much, and the ISP's around here track how much you download.

Bottom Line: 
Pre-updating, game not downloaded from you worked fine.  Post updating, it's detecting an incompatible game modification.  There are no mods in the Docs folder.  Could be because the game wasn't yours.  My next step in the trial and error process is to download everything individually from you and piece it together, and hope that your files won't cause the same issue.  Hopefully, someone who knows more about your files and the way these games talk together has a better idea, or knows if only one or two files will fix this issue with my current setup.

Back to top Go down

Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder Empty Re: Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder

Post by J.T. Wed 30 Oct 2013, 07:19

First of all, the AIO version is not compatible with The latest patch 1.63 or individual expansions. 

The point is, AIO is a modified version of The Sims 3. Please download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.piratebay.sx/user/games4theworld. Uninstall the AIO Edition with Your Uninstaller Pro Super Mode. Reboot your pc and download separate expansions and the base game from the same site. Follow this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder Empty Re: Sims Update and Fix causing "It looks like you have installed an incompatible game modification" error with new document folder

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 07:56

Yeah, once I got in there looking to mod things, that's what I became more and more afraid of.  Well, I just bought the starter pack off Amazon for 17 bucks (wanted a code to make downloading user content from the simstore easier) so I'll keep working at downloading your expansions to load on top of it.  Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 04:04

Got all the parts of the G4TW set downloaded and installed (Base to Into the Future), wanted to update.  I had forgotten to install Into the Future, so I installed that after the rest.  Reupdated to the newest patch, and opened it.  Forgot to reapply the crack so it asked for the Into the Future disc, oops!  Reapplied the crack from the latest Ultimate Fix, and Into the Future is no longer showing on the launcher as being installed.  Wanted to let you guys know so you could get it added to the next version of the crack.

But even before that, I'm getting that error of having incompatible components installed for the current patch.  Not sure if it's because I didn't patch along the way, or if it's normal for this set of games and I should ignore it.  A heads up before I get started and mess up something by adding mods on top would be great.

Thanks Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 09:16

Did some more troubleshooting.  Insomnia sucks, but I guess at least I'm getting something done?  Answered my own questions, but there may have been a quicker way.

raiannon wrote:Reapplied the crack from the latest Ultimate Fix, and Into the Future is no longer showing on the launcher as being installed.  Wanted to let you guys know so you could get it added to the next version of the crack.
Instead of applying the crack from the Ultimate Fix after patching, I applied the crack from the Into the Future download.  It's a work-around, and it works.

raiannon wrote:I'm getting that error of having incompatible components installed for the current patch.  Not sure if it's because I didn't patch along the way, or if it's normal for this set of games and I should ignore it.
I found that my Island Paradise install has a problem with it.  When I install it, it gets near the end to the 19th package and says that something isn't where it expected it to be.  Possibly a bad download, but for now, uninstalling it works.  I also reinstalled everything, and made sure to do the micro patches along the way while reinstalling.  With my luck, the problem was Island Paradise and I did the rest for nothing, but it did add in those side expansion v2 patches that probably get missed when going from v1 to final v1.65

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 31 Oct 2013, 13:07

Sorry rainannon. The one you downloaded was outdated (our mistake). That's why you've got the issue again. But we have reuploaded the link so feel free to download the Ultimate Fix again!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 23:29

Well, I'm not sure if I have the same kind of problem, but I can say the the error is the same.

I had a problem with my Sims game, so I uninstalled everything and installed it again. I used your ultimate fix and everything was ok, all the updates are ok.

However, when I try to download all the store contents that I've bought before, to the new game, it shows this message:

"It seems that you have installed a non oficial modification to the game that does not correspond to your actual version of the Sims 3.
We recommend you that you uninstall this modification to the game or that you obtain updated versions of the same -otherwise the game will freeze or will suffer serious errors.

Want to quit or continue?" (might not be the real translation to english, but it definitely relates the problem)

Also, I find it odd that my game launcher indicates the following version number: 17.0.77.020001

If you can help, I would very much appreciate! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Nov 2013, 23:56

liacpaa wrote:Well, I'm not sure if I have the same kind of problem, but I can say the the error is the same.

I had a problem with my Sims game, so I uninstalled everything and installed it again. I used your ultimate fix and everything was ok, all the updates are ok.

However, when I try to download all the store contents that I've bought before, to the new game, it shows this message:

"It seems that you have installed a non oficial modification to the game that does not correspond to your actual version of the Sims 3.
We recommend you that you uninstall this modification to the game or that you obtain updated versions of the same -otherwise the game will freeze or will suffer serious errors.

Want to quit or continue?" (might not be the real translation to english, but it definitely relates the problem)

Also, I find it odd that my game launcher indicates the following version number: 17.0.77.020001

If you can help, I would very much appreciate! Smile
Hello,

Please open your own topic, so we can provide personal support. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top