Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts. Empty Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 15:47

I'll start from the top.

My girlfriend wants to play The Sims 3, so I downloaded her your version and proceeded to install it and the expansions according to the instructions located in the torrents. It loaded fine to begin with (sort of), it would crash 2-3 times at the initial loading screen before making it beyond, then crashing at the loading screen after choosing her save game the other times. If she was lucky she could play and it would crash maybe 10-15 minutes into the game which continually frustrated her.

So, I looked for a solution. Hoping the Ultimate Fix would help, I followed the instructions and then it began making it only to the loading screen once she had chosen her save game.

I've since looked for more solutions.
I've tried backing up her save game, deleting the Sims 3 folder in her documents and starting fresh. (Just made it crash loading Create-A-Sim every time)
I've tried reinstalling everything clean.
I've tried putting all of the executables into DEP, including those located in the packs folder.
I've tried turning V-Sync off.
I've tried window mode, including turning all settings to their lowest and the resolution right down.
I've tried telling everything to run in Administrator mode.
I've tried using command prompt to allow it to use more than 2gb of RAM.

Nothing seems to even help. It constantly crashes 2 seconds into the loading screen after choosing a town.
My girlfriend wants me to just give up, but I'm stubborn and want to get it working. 

Sims 3 base game, Generations, Pets (fixed torrent), Seasons and University Life are the only ones installed.
The game had no problems updating to the latest version.
I get the warning about having an unofficial game modification installed that does not match the currently installed version of The Sims 3.

It is installed on an Acer Aspire 4741
Intel Core i5 2.27Ghz
GeForce GT 320M 1GB dedicated memory
4GB of RAM
64bit OS

The only two things left I can think of are running it in compatibility mode, though I'm sceptical if that will even work and doing another clean install, trying the game after each one to see if it is a specific expansion causing the issues.

Any ideas of what I can do? I'm not really keen on doing the whole installation process again and would prefer to leave it as a last resort.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts. Empty Re: Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 15:58

Ok, first thing to try is remove your mods folder, try start the game up

If works, try removing NRASS mods, if works, check you have updated version of the mods, if have and still not loading, then for now play without the NRASS mods

Back to top Go down

Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts. Empty Re: Game crashes seconds into loading Create-A-Sim, exhaustive efforts.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 16:39

There are no mods.
Only the base game is installed with 4 expansions.
The expansions being: Generations, Pets, Seasons and University Life.

I also deleted the entire Sims 3 folder in My Documents previously to let it rebuild itself from scratch. The issue can't be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:40

Hello!

I'm sorry you're having such issues.  I am totally with you when it comes to being determined, as I had an issue a while back where my game crashed to my desktop whenever I'd attempt to load a neighborhood.  I ended up fixing it with help from the Admin here, but I was trying every day to get it to work, even when I felt like throwing in the towel.  Razz

So basically, the game won't load past the neighborhood loading screen, correct?  I just want to double confirm.  Also, this is a completely fresh install, yes?  And you downloaded everything from here: http://thepiratebay.sx/user/games4theworld/0/7?

On to the help:  The instructions you should be following (in regards to the manual patch and ultimate fix) are located here!  Follow steps 2 through 5 for me and see if there is any change.  This SHOULD help the crashing, but you must follow the steps as accurately as possible.  The steps or "installation guides" located within the .rar files of all the expansions you've installed ONLY provide the serial numbers xx-xx-xx. 
The torrent info and the info within those notepad files shouldn't be followed, as they are outdated and just shouldn't be used.  Smile

Let us know your progress!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 00:56

Yeah, it crashes during the neighbourhood loading screen.
All torrents were downloaded from that location and the version of Pets I got was the FULL/FIXED.

I'll do another clean install and use the manual patch this time. From what I read the manual patch was only needed if the update was having issues and it was updating perfectly fine so I never tried it.

Yeah, I read the info in the torrents was outdated. It seems more stable using them without updating the game though.

I'll give it another go in a minute and get back to you on what happens. Thanks.

//EDIT

Alright, I tried following that link. Followed all instructions to the letter and I'm still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:12

Valegor wrote:Alright, I tried following that link. Followed all instructions to the letter and I'm still having the same issue.

Any ideas?
Can you try downloading the mirror link of the Ultimate Fix. The main link possibly consists of outdated crack (the content of the folder "#crack" mentioned by sephy). I will investigate that later on.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 03:30

You sir, are a legend. You were right about the main link being outdated.

5th September is the date of last modified for the main link.
18th October is the date of last modified for the mirror link.

Thanks for that, I'll get a good nights sleep now because I'm not racking my brain in frustration over it not working.

EDIT: 
I spoke too soon. She played for 5-10 minutes and then it crashed on her again.
I'll try the DEP and windowed mode and what not again, see if it makes any difference this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:31

On the sidenote, can you tell me how you followed this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?

Tell me exactly what you have done. How did you apply the Ultimate Fix? How did you apply the manual patch?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 07:18

1) I installed the base game, Generations, Pets, Seasons and University Life. In that order.

2) I unpacked the manual patch and ran the executable.

3) I downloaded the Ultimate Fix via the mirror link.

4) I unpacked the Ultimate Fix, opened the #Crack folder and copied both files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder. Replacing the original files.

5) I ran the game and it got past where it was crashing before, I replied here and shortly after it crashed on her again. I wish I didn't celebrate so early haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:25

Just to make sure: can you tell me the name of the manual patch that you use? Give me the title of the manual patch.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:02

The manual patch title is:
TS3_1.63.5.0240xx_update

Also just had "Error 13" while she was trying to save. 
Crashing seems to be happening during buy mode. At least it has every time so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:22

I suggest you clear the following files in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

SocialCache.package
Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it.
Look for Savedsims and delete Downloadedsims.index

Error 13 is an error indicating corruption of a save. Can you read this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves. It is highly recommended to move your current household to a new town/save.

Also after deleting the files, can you create a new save to see if the problem persists?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top