Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix Empty ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 19:40

After I installed Into the Future yesterday, I got the "unofficial game modification" error every time I started the game. It always let me click "continue" and I was able to play for hours without any problems (aside from saving taking longer than usual), so it didn't really bother me. I just assumed it was caused by a mod that hasn't been updated for 1.63 yet, so I removed all of my core mods and deleted the cache files, but still got the error message. Like I said, not a big deal, but slightly annoying nonetheless.

So I checked the forum and did what was suggested to people with similar problems (like here) : re-downloaded and re-applied the manual 1.63 patch and Ultimate Fix (aka steps 2-4). I followed the installation guide PDF exactly, so I don't think I messed anything up.
When I started the game, I still got the "unofficial game modification" error and then the Island Paradise loading screen instead of the ITF one. After a few seconds the music stopped, the loading cursor switched to my normal one and I got the "has stopped working" error message.

I tried it again with the ITF crack instead, which got me to the right loading screen, but the game still crashed. 
Then I tried the patch + ultimate fix #crack method a second time, but still with the same result.

Is there anything I can do aside from uninstalling and re-installing everything (which would take me ages)?

(And yes, I always deleted the cache files before trying to start the game.)

Back to top Go down

ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix Empty Re: ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 20:43

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a lot of problems!

Can you please open the .PDF within the Ultimate Fix.rar and tell me what date you see?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix Empty Re: ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 20:59

Thanks for your reply!

"Updated on: 23-10-2013", so I guess it's the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:04

Okay, it should say in the .pdf, "31-10-2013".  If it does not say this, you still have an old version!

Please go here and redownload the Fix, then reapply it:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/yyj26627swhp5ye/The_Sims_3_fix.rar

Let me know if this solves your error.  ^_^
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:41

Oh, that explains a lot, thanks!^^
The one I used was from >this post< so I thought it was the newest one. 
I'll try it right away. Smile

//EDIT

Nope, sorry, still the same. ITF loading screen crash after applying Ultimate Fix Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 22:08

Do you have any mods on your game or custom content (CC)?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 22:55

Nevermind, it works now. 

Apparently something went wrong when I installed ITF, because I just re- installed it, applied the patch & fix, and everything's alright now.

Thanks for trying to help though! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top