Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED] Empty Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:08

Hi, :newfag: 

I've recently updated to v1.63 and installed ITF, but since then I seem to have ran into a few problems.

When i try to create my own sim I cannot edit their hair or clothes, nothing shows up (see picture 1.), also when I try using a household that came with the game and move them into an empty house/lot nothing will load up and the screen stays on the map but i can still move around the map so i don't think it's crashing fully (picture 2).

Picture 1.
Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED] Sims_312

Picture 2.
Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED] Sims_311

I don't have any mods/CC installed and have read through https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and followed each step carefully many times. I have also tried renaming the folder in C:\Users\Melissajayd\Documents\Electronic Arts and uninstalling the game and all EP's and SP's and re-installing them one by one to see if it's a certain game causing the issue but it's happening with all games.

I got all games and Ep's/SP's from G4TW and have them all installed apart fro world adventures.

Originally the game would crash and quit to desktop stating that "sims 3 has stopped working" but that seems to have fixed itself with un-installing, reinstalling and stuff.

System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.130913-2141)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC      
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.01F.32
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4044MB RAM
Page File: 3443MB used, 2008MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

PLEASE can you help, i would really like to play again! Smile

Thankyou and sorry for the super long post!

EDIT: okay so I've fixed it, I found a mod in the sims 3 folder based in program files. You can now close this topic!

Last edited by Mjayd on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 21:37; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2013, 08:14

Hello,

Can you tell us what file you exactly took out from the "Program files"-folder ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Household wont load/unable to edit hair & clothes in CAS mode. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 21:53

It was the AwesomeMod mod based in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

once that had been removed game returned to normal Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2013, 21:57

Mjayd wrote:It was the AwesomeMod mod based in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

once that had been removed game returned to normal Smile
Thanks for telling us. Smile  Indeed, I have read there is a way to have the mods in the "Program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3"-folder; but I can't recall how exactly to do that.

Either way, this is very unusual, since most people have their mods (only !) in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Read up on the guide "how to install .package files", in case of doubt about that:  http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

Besides that, is there anything else I can help you with maybe ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 22:03

I found it unusual when installing AwesomeMod as I had other mods that were installed in the mods folder in my documents, but the instructions that came with awesome mod said to put it in there, so I did as it said. I think that mod only caused issues with my game because I forgot it was installed so didn't update it after updating to 1.63

There isn't antything else i need help with, my game is running perfectly now.

Thankyou

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2013, 22:05

Mjayd wrote:I found it unusual when installing AwesomeMod as I had other mods that were installed in the mods folder in my documents, but the instructions that came with awesome mod said to put it in there, so I did as it said. I think that mod only caused issues with my game because I forgot it was installed so didn't update it after updating to 1.63

There isn't antything else i need help with, my game is running perfectly now.

Thankyou
I'm not familiar with this "Awesome mod", but maybe there was a conflict with that, and one of your other mods. Either way I'm glad to hear your problem is solved now. Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions. Have fun ! This topic is closed now.

- Carlos

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top