Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it? Empty Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:59

Hello! Thanks for this great site

Did you Read and Follow the proper steps to install the Sims 3 and its Expansions/Stuff Packs found HERE ? Yes I did originally with success. Once without success.

Have you tried searching our Forum for the answer to your problem? Ive done several queries and got some ideas that I tried over the week since my game has been unplayable but Im still unable to play.

What where you doing prior to the problem? (i.e. installing new content, adding a Mod, etc)
I played the game for an extended session last week, not sure how many hours, and finally the game went blue-ish and the sound started stuttering or looping. My monitor stopped receiving signal from the PC at this point (very distressing). I turned off the PC from the tower by holding the button down ten seconds. After I restarted my PC I couldnt get past the town loading screen ever again. I did have a weird mix of testing cheats enabled, a couple old mods from MTS, some random third party CC, and some EA official CC, and I used to have a few different sources for my torrented EPs and SPs. I do this weird thing where I install all my torrented EPs and SPs to the Origin Games directory instead of the default Electronic Arts directory, let me know if that might be lending to this problem, but Im pretty sure its fine. The game with new EP ITF was playing pretty smoothly for me for a week or so before this crash in spite of all these strange factors (Thank you so much by the way). 

I wiped out almost everything from Sims 3. I updated my PC, video card driver, and defragmented. I redownloaded and reinstalled everything but this time only from G4TW or Origin. I started downloading from Origin last year when my discs were unreadable. Anyway, I tried to play with and without CC with all the EPs/SPs I wanted installed but I still kept getting stuck on the loading screen with the bar almost reaching the end before it would freeze. As of now I have uninstalled everything again and deleted my documents Sims 3 folder, redownloaded, and reinstalled just my Origin games (Base game and Ambitions), then updated them both through the launcher. (Which reminds me I wasnt sure while installing G4TW torrents if I was supposed to update each EP/SP or just do the main update and the ultimate fix.) I am still unable to get past the loading screen, with it just reaching the end before freezing. 

I would like to clarify that whenever I say loading screen, I mean the one after you select a town. Should I disable the I Spy minigame?

The G4TW EPs and SPs I wish to play: High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, Into the Future (all downloaded and waiting for this issue to be resolved before installation)
The torrented EPs and SPs I had installed at time of fatal crash: Late Night, Generations, 70s, 80s, 90s, University Life, Into the Future

What OS are you running? 
from DxDiag:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 827MB used, 1628MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

In summation, is it my small RAM and puny video card finally surrendering or is this related to something I did wrong while trying to install and play this game? I know its ridiculously minimum requirements stats there but I feel like this is my failure, not the PCs failure. I have a little bit of understanding about this stuff but mostly I need help.

Last edited by Zorra on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 07:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it? Empty Re: Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it?

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 12 Nov 2013, 05:38

Hello,

I'm sorry you're having such problems with your game!  To make sure I'm understanding:  Your game initially had a very bad crash and then after uninstalling everything and reinstalling your games, you have an issue with it freezing/crashing during the neighborhood loading screen? 

First, please ensure you have the minimum required PC specs to run the game.  You can do a test of your system here:  http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri.  Just type in or select The Sims 3 from the drop-down menu.  Once you’ve done this, it will prompt you with another option.  Be sure to click ‘Automatic Detection’.  This website/testing system will let you know if you're fully prepared to run the game, or if you're sliding in under the radar.  Wink

Aside from this, I highly suggest you click on the link in my signature.  The one that says 'how to install the Ultimate Fix'.  ONCE you've installed all of the games you want, I would suggest you watch the video.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it? Empty Re: Is it possible I played the game so long that I ruined my PC's ability to play it?

Post by Guest Tue 12 Nov 2013, 07:36

Wow I stupidly avoided the mirror link and somehow ended up with an Ultimate Fix from October 23rd. Thank you so much for your video, without it I wouldn't have known that. I feel like this is going to solve my problem. You kick Censored

Please do not say profane/vulgar language in this forum, (as say in the forum rules). Let's keep our forum clean and for general audience always. Very Happy
-cezra31

Sorry about that. I just wanted to say that I also think my problem was caused by using official EA sims 3 store CC. I found out here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13803-the-sims-3-custom-content that Sims 3 store content isnt compatible with this Fix. 

Is there any way to get my EA Sims 3 store CC to be compatible?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Nov 2013, 21:03

Im not sure if the store fix will help me, Or should I stop trying to use CC straight from EA? Sorry for double posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top