Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cursor keeps circling in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cursor keeps circling in game Empty Cursor keeps circling in game

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 08:57

Is their a way to fix this!? Sometimes it stops when I move the camera, but it does it again when I press a button in the controls panel...

I did recently download the deep fryer, ice cream maker & chocolate fountain.... from different sources tho (I couldn't find them on the dl website)

But when I installed them, I forgot I had game booster on... do you think that's the cause!? Should I reinstall these items or do they have nothing to do with my problem!? Help

Back to top Go down

Cursor keeps circling in game Empty Re: Cursor keeps circling in game

Post by J.T. Thu 21 Nov 2013, 15:47

Can you elaborate a bit on your problem? What do you mean by "Cursor keep circling in game"?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Nov 2013, 15:56

kimirs15 wrote:Is their a way to fix this!? Sometimes it stops when I move the camera, but it does it again when I press a button in the controls panel...

I did recently download the deep fryer, ice cream maker & chocolate fountain.... from different sources tho (I couldn't find them on the dl website)

But when I installed them, I forgot I had game booster on... do you think that's the cause!? Should I reinstall these items or do they have nothing to do with my problem!? Help
Hello,

Beyond these store items, do you also have any mods installed ? If yes, what mods ?

First of all, try clearing all cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-boot the computer. Then re-start the game then and see if the cursor reverts to "normal" again.

J.T. wrote:Can you elaborate a bit on your problem? What do you mean by "Cursor keep circling in game"?
I think the OP means that the cursor is "circling" during normal play, like the one that you get when you save the game or end it. Smile  At least I think so. And this is not normal.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 01:36

Carlos G. wrote:
kimirs15 wrote:Is their a way to fix this!? Sometimes it stops when I move the camera, but it does it again when I press a button in the controls panel...

Hello,

Beyond these store items, do you also have any mods installed ? If yes, what mods ?

First of all, try clearing all cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-boot the computer. Then re-start the game then and see if the cursor reverts to "normal" again.

J.T. wrote:Can you elaborate a bit on your problem? What do you mean by "Cursor keep circling in game"?
I think the OP means that the cursor is "circling" during normal play, like the one that you get when you save the game or end it. Smile  At least I think so. And this is not normal.
Yes, while in normal play mode it circles, I had removed the chocolate fountain.package file & it seems to be working fine now

Do you know when these 3 store items will be on the dl website!? I don't want anymore problems! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:13

Wait, the problem started back up again...

I just uninstalled the other two .sims3pack files & gonna try an old back up!~

Also, this comes up now when I open the launcher...

Cursor keeps circling in game AZcLNIN

What does this mean!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 22 Nov 2013, 02:55

kimirs15 wrote:Wait, the problem started back up again...

When you say the problem started up again, do you mean the initial issue you had that made you open this topic?

As far as this error goes, it's not too big of a deal.  I had this script error pop up for me and what I did was:  1) Log out of the Launcher (if you are not logged in, LOG IN, then log out), 2)  Restart your PC, 3) Pull up the Launcher again then LOGIN.  

If it persists, try pulling up the official EA website, THEN login there.  The script error should go away.  This is a recent error only a small percent of users get, from what I've gathered.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Dec 2013, 21:48

Sephymuffins wrote:
kimirs15 wrote:Wait, the problem started back up again...

When you say the problem started up again, do you mean the initial issue you had that made you open this topic?

As far as this error goes, it's not too big of a deal.  I had this script error pop up for me and what I did was:  1) Log out of the Launcher (if you are not logged in, LOG IN, then log out), 2)  Restart your PC, 3) Pull up the Launcher again then LOGIN.  

If it persists, try pulling up the official EA website, THEN login there.  The script error should go away.  This is a recent error only a small percent of users get, from what I've gathered.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Yes, my initial problem started back up again, I made a thread on the official sims 3 forum site & someone suggested logging out & back in again while in the game, it worked for awhile, but the circling cursor keeps coming back...

This time when I logged back in & tried linking my Twitter account, it suddenly crashed, I don't know how to solve this! Sad

I'm gonna try to update my graphics driver, maybe that will help!? Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 01 Dec 2013, 22:05

Hello,

To be honest, I'm not sure what causes this "scripting error"... I have this same thing on my game.  I thought it was certain CC I was using, and it ended up fixing it when I removed everything, but now it's back.

I'm not quite sure how to help you unless another mod/helper has some insight on this. Sad
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Dec 2013, 07:33

The "circling" cursor, as far as I know, is a glitch that annoys not only you, but me sometimes. What you can do right now is to remove all the mods and Custom Content by deleting all the folders in DCCache, InstalledWorlds, SavedSims, and Mods in the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. If that doesn't help, rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

As far as I am concerned, the scripting error is an error (namely webpage error) at EA's end. The "Welcome" Page of the launcher is actually a webpage if you notice. I always encounter this and I ignore this.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down