Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'? Empty CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:15

i have all expansions and stuff pack, some of them are bought games and some of them are Games4TheWorld copies and my sims is up-to-date and everytime. in CAW i want to edit in game but i get a message saying 'unable to find installed version of The Sime 3 base game' and i really need to fix it and get my town sorted, any ideas? Help

//EDIT

btw, my game plays fine, its just CAW WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Helper Edit: Please refrain from double-posting. Use the "Edit" button for additional information.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'? Empty Re: CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'?

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:20

Hello,

Did you download CAW here?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'? Empty Re: CAW 'Unable to find installed version of base game'?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:24

no, i didnt  :L

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:27

JenMog97 wrote:no, i didnt  :L
Hello,

The CAW tool you downloaded from outside source may be modified. Try removing this tool (uninstalling) and install this one (this version is the official EA version, so don't worry).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 16:39

i have uninstalled the CAW i had and downloaded the link you gave me and installed it, but i still get the same error :L

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 16:57

JenMog97 wrote:i have uninstalled the CAW i had and downloaded the link you gave me and installed it, but i still get the same error :L
Hello,

Did you completely remove the tool (and clear its registry entry) as well before uninstalling? If not, download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org and uninstall it with Super Mode. Afterwards, reinstall CAW. If that doesn't work somehow, try reapplying steps 2-4 of this guide again and reinstall CAW.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top