Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 on win8 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 on win8 ? Empty Sims 3 on win8 ?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 05:40

Hi dunno if this is goes here but if its not please move it
Im having an issue installing ts3 on windows 8, i downloaded the ISO and when i try to install it the software wont allow it or so it says, i've readed that its an windows 8 compatibility issue(crap windows 8 =/) so my question its
how can i fix that or install it or what should i do? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 on win8 ? Empty Re: Sims 3 on win8 ?

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 25 Nov 2013, 07:01

Hello,

I'm not sure I follow your issue.  You say it's a compatibility issue and you say your installation is giving you an error?  

First of all, what exactly does the error say and what game are you trying to install?
The only games provided by G4TW that has .iso files are the base game: The Sims 3.  
Is this exactly what you are trying to install on to your PC?

About the compatibility issue you speak of, there are no known incompatibility errors or issues for Windows 8 users, and I can further back up this claim as I am running all expansions and stuff packs on Windows 8.1 as we speak.  I've never had any errors or issues while playing, nor when I was installing it!

Nevertheless, once you provide us with a little bit more information, we'll be glad to help solve the issue for you and get your game up and running.  Smile

Happy Simming The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 08:28

Yes its the base game ISO, and wont even allow me to run the Setup, whenever i double click the AutoRun or Setup a purple Sign shows up saying that the software trying to install its not made for the current system, and it to look for an updated version or something like that, i cant post a screen cuz its my gf new computer and she is asleep atm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:13

riganz wrote:Yes its the base game ISO, and wont even allow me to run the Setup, whenever i double click the AutoRun or Setup a purple Sign shows up saying that the software trying to install its not made for the current system, and it to look for an updated version or something like that, i cant post a screen cuz its my gf new computer and she is asleep atm
Hello,

My suggestion to you would be post a screenie of the error as soon as you can.  Smile

I can tell you right now, it's definitely not Windows 8 acting up.  You may want to ensure that you've updated your PC properly and everything is up to date (go to Control Panel>System Security>Windows Updates).  If there are any updates available for the PC, install them and follow the instructions you are given (usually you'll be prompted to restart your computer as many times as necessary).  
At this point, please right-click on the .iso file you're trying to run (you need to run the startdisk.iso first) and select 'Mount'.  Once you do this, a window should pop up and from there you can right-click on the Setup.exe and run as administrator.  An installation window SHOULD pop up and begin the process of installation.  If this does not happen or you get the error again (I'm hoping this isn't the case), try running it in 'compatibility mode' and choose Windows 7.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 00:11

there is problems with sims 3 and windows 8 64bit my cousin had the same problem and had to go bk to windows 7 with is better then 8 anyway 8 was microsoft biggest flop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 00:35

I agree with Sephymuffins. I have Windows 8 64bit and I never had any problems installing Sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top