Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). Empty How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 03:07

hi it didn't work for me. It got an error saying something like this: installation failed, please update to the latest software
 But my game is on the latest version. Please help

Moderator edit: Topics split.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). Empty Re: How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Nov 2013, 03:44

eliza981 wrote:hi it didn't work for me. It got an error saying something like this: installation failed, please update to the latest software
 But my game is on the latest version. Please help
Hello,

This is a very common issue. Have a look at this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

Good luck ! And let me know your outcome ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). Empty The Sims 3 CC "Please Make Sure Your Game Has the Latest Software Updates and Try Again" Error's 100% Solution

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 04:11

hi, it work for some packages. But some didn't. Like lifesimmer sims. It didn't appear in the game. What to do? Help please

Back to top Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). Empty Re: How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Nov 2013, 08:32

eliza981 wrote:hi, it work for some packages. But some didn't. Like lifesimmer sims. It didn't appear in the game. What to do? Help please
Hello,

Please, stick to THIS topic here. This means, do not post in the topic about "CC Magic", in the "tips/tricks" section. It's a bit tedious if I always have to split or merge posts. Wink

First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And then, try re-installing the sim, with CC Magic.

Also, make sure to look here for downloaded sims: 

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). Clip_210

Or you can look in "edit-town" mode for the sim too.

If nothing helps, then the item or the sim might be corrupted; in this case, forget this - and try another item or sim.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 02:03

ya. It didn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Dec 2013, 02:10

eliza981 wrote:ya. It didn't work
Hello,

I'm afraid there is not much else I can suggest to you.

One possibility is that the sim you are trying to download was made with expansions/stuff packs or custom content you don't have. In this case, the sim will install, but it will look "different" (because of the missing content). Maybe the sim is already installed, and you haven't seen it yet ? If you don't have certain items (which the sim was made with), then the sim can look REALLY different.

Many things from the exchange don't really work, so I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Crying or Very sad  You can still try other sims, though.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top