Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 01:57

Hey i just downloaded the fix that lets you update the game, i downloaded every expansion no problem and they work fine but i want to update my game so i can download mods because it wont let me download mods and i think thats why.

Here is the problem i download the fix and when i unzip it the read me file is all jiberish... like random words and numbers...
so i dont know how to do this.. can anybody help me? please T.T

infact if anyone could copy and paste their read me file or something
that would be great, i dont know why but mine just got screwed up.
or tell me how to apply the updates, thanks =]

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:11

First of all, you need to realize that the readme is a pdf, not a txt.

You can download Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ .

This will allow you to read pdf files.

Last edited by Favorlock on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 05:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 fix - read me problem and mods. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:45

Favorlock wrote:First of all, you need to realize that the readme is a pdf, not a txt.

You can download Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ .

This will allow you to read pdf files.

thanks for the advice ^ ^
uh but the site is unavailable o:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 05:33

Just copy and paste directly into your browser. For some reason this forum messes up the links in weird ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:10

You also *have* to use winrar to unrar the files, any other program messes up your file.
But updating your game isn't going to allow you to download mods. You need an original game to download EA custom content from their site, or just click our pirate bay link in my signature, you'll find the store update up until June there (While you're there, you can download the WinRAR torrent that's also in the list).
Having said that, it's always a good idea to update your game of course.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2011, 18:26

Lady ElDi wrote:You also *have* to use winrar to unrar the files, any other program messes up your file.
But updating your game isn't going to allow you to download mods. You need an original game to download EA custom content from their site, or just click our pirate bay link in my signature, you'll find the store update up until June there (While you're there, you can download the WinRAR torrent that's also in the list).
Having said that, it's always a good idea to update your game of course.

Thanks i updated everything and my game is up to date now but one problem >.<
when i click play it sais no game disk found please insert game disk befor proceeding D:
and the weird annoying thing is i do have the origional game disk in the tray..
what do i do? =/

//EDIT

Sorted =]

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top