Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing) Empty Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing)

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 02:32

Okay, so I recently got a new computer and put my sims base game on it (retail version). I downloaded generations and ambitions, installed them and everything. But there's one problem- My sims 3 base game isn't in program files, and there is no "bin" folder to apply the crack in. So it won't let me play, it keeps asking me for a generations disc. Is there a way I could mount it?
Please help... thannks Smile

//EDIT

Solved it myself- (part of it)
For all those having this problem- the sims 3 is no longer in EA games- it's hidden in Program Files > Origin Games.
so now the crack is on, but it keeps asking for the disc.

Back to top Go down

Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing) Empty Re: Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing)

Post by Narong30 Thu 18 Aug 2011, 03:30

Mimbletonia wrote:Solved it myself- (part of it)
For all those having this problem- the sims 3 is no longer in EA games- it's hidden in Program Files > Origin Games.

You misplace the crack file. You should put the generation/time life stuff and the crack file into the Base game folder.
Anyway, you can post a picture that showing where you put the crack file. So we can guide you more efficiently.

Thank you.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing) Empty Re: Big Sims 3 problem (yes I read the thing)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 18 Aug 2011, 08:05

Mimbletonia wrote:

This is good to know, we should keep it in mind for the installation guide when the next fix comes out.
So in this case your Generations/Town Life Stuff crack should go to: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 18 Aug 2011, 13:24

Mimbletonia wrote:Okay, so I recently got a new computer and put my sims base game on it (retail version). I downloaded generations and ambitions, installed them and everything. But there's one problem- My sims 3 base game isn't in program files, and there is no "bin" folder to apply the crack in. So it won't let me play, it keeps asking me for a generations disc. Is there a way I could mount it?
Please help... thannks Smile

//EDIT

Hello,

I think there's a misunderstanding here. It only installs in the Origin folder if you own a retail copy of the game and installed it via Origin, by logging into your EA account.
For everyone else, who downloaded the game as a torrent, the folder will remain the same.

E.g.: if you install a game via Steam, it'll also go into the Steam folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top