Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED] Empty Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2011, 01:21

I've installed The Sims 3 base game, Town Life Stuff, World Adventures, Late Night, and the Ultimate Fix in that order and at the end the launcher asked me to update the game. For some reason it couldn't update, so I just played the game a version behind updates and it worked just fine.

I wanted Ambitions and I figured that all I had to do was apply the Ultimate Fix crack to the Ambitions folder, manually execute the patch, and start playing. So I downloaded Ambitions and did everything above, but when I tried to play, a prompt popped up saying that I had to insert the Town Life Stuff disc. I re-applied the Town Life Stuff crack to the base game folder in Programs 86x (I have Windows 7) and I tried again and now it's asking for the Late Night disc. I re-applied the Ultimate Fix cracks to Late Night and then again to the 86x base game Bin, but it doesn't work. I haven't tried troubleshooting much yet because I tend to make things worse when I try, so I'll leave this to the experts so I don't phenomenally screw up my computer...

I don't have any other mods or custom content.

(also, the Ultimate Fix is updated to the 1.24 version of TS3, right?)

Thanks,
Duck

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:11; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : hopefully helpful info)

Back to top Go down

Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 06 Sep 2011, 09:19

Hello,
Yes the fix is compatible with the latest TS3 update (1.24).
First thing you need to forget is that you've been copying cracks to the EP's folders. The files you find in the corresponding folders in the fix are original files, they are needed to patch the game. There's one crack, which is found in the #crack folder within the fix.
What you need to do is make sure you haven't copied any files to the wrong folders, and assuming you're game is version 1.24, copy the files found in the #crack folder to the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem after downloading manual patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 07 Sep 2011, 02:10

fixed Smile thank you lots

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
You're welcome!

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top