Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty "Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 00:50

Hi, I'm Evelyn, I have downloaded your base game and 4 expansions: Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets and installed them in that order, I also used your ultimate fix and updated manually to the version 1.29. This is how I did it:
1-Installed the base game, applied crack (the one that was in rar. file in Installation Guide for Ultimate Fix) for the base game in Sims3/Game/bin
2-installed Ambitions, applied crack for Ambitions in Ambitions/Game/bin
3.installed Late Night, applied crack for Late Night in Late Night/Game/bin
4-Installed Generations, applied crack for Generations in Sims3/Game/bin
5-Installed Pets, applied crack for Pets in Sims3/Game/bin (the same crack in the same place as Generations crack)
6-Manually installed the 1.29.55 update of Sims Launcher
7-Applied the final crack in Sims3/Game/bin
Then I set the compatibility of all exe. files (base game and expansions alike) to Windows 95 version and turned off DEP. I am running the game in windowed mode and with the lowest possible resolution. I have neither mods nor custom content.
I don't know what I did wrong, but when I start the game and play it everything seems OK. Then I click on Save As, and save a game successfully. After I quit, practically seconds after I quit, if I start the game again and want to load my successfully saved game (which doesn't even have a bad. extension, the game looks OK), that message from the title of my thread appears and the screen turns gray. If I try to load any other save game, it also appears. If I immediately try to start the new game then it also appears, but merely with extension .world (it won't load the world for new game) instead with extension Sims3.
Of course, after this, seeing I can not do anything, neither load any of my save games nor start a new world, I quit the game, If I open it again immediately, there is no .world error, I can start a new game, (previous save can not be loaded), but when I save again, and try to load that very same new save game, the same thing happens. Can you give me a piece of advice? Did I do something wrong while I was installing the game?
Thank you so much for your time and your help.
Best regards.

//EDIT

OK, sorry, I just realized I have installed everything wrong (expansions
are in wrong order and I applied way too many cracks). Will reinstall
and tell you how it went.
Best regards.

Back to top Go down

"Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 01:15

Hello,

OK, good. We'll be waiting for the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 02:16

Hi, I reinstalled everything like this and applied only one crack in the end:
1-Base game
2-Pets
3-Generations
4-Late Night
5-Ambitions
(Base game and four expansions without a crack, only by running .exe files)
6-Manual patch update to 1.29.55.
7-Applied the general crack (both files) that was in The Ultimate fix Crack Folder to Electronic Arts/Sims3/bin/

And the same mistake pops up. Sad This time I played with EA default household, Gwen and Holden, just to check how the things turned out. I started the game normally, I played for a while and I did a successful "Save as" for 3 times (Appaloosa Plains 1,2,3). Then I exited the game and reentered it and tried to load one of these 3 games. None of them would load and I would get a swift load and a gray screen with a warning message from the thread title. I could also not start a new game until I exited and restarted the Sims3 but even if I did that, new game wouldn't be saved either just like the previous ones.
What can I do about this glitch? Do I have a virus on my laptop or something like that, or it happens because some of the expansions are not stable yet (since Pets is the latest one maybe I should try to uninstall it and see if the game works with other 3 expansions). What would you advise me to do?
Thanks once again and best regards to you

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:20

Hello,
I suspect this is caused by using the win95 compatibility mode. Did you set it for a particular reason or just in case?
I suggest undoing win 95 compatibility, and if you still get the same error, have a look at this post.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 13:26

Hi, thank you so much for your swift and extremely useful reply! You are sooo right! I used the Windows 95 compatibility mode just in case, since I read that it helps in many previous posts on this forum, even before I registered, but it turned out that was the primary cause of my "serious load error"!
I undid the Windows 95 compatibility of my all .exe files, and I did the same in the Registry. Now I am hours into the game and it works perfectly. Thank you for providing me with this simple solution and thanks for uploading all these great games!
Best regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 13:42

Hello,

Thank you Ladi ElDi!

Have fun playing and please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more assistance. "Serious error has occured while loading, we strongly recommend you restart the application. [SOLVED] 3479271199

Topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top