Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:36

Hello everybody Smile Smile,

I'm starting this topic to report an error that i didnt find in the forum , i have the base game installed , pets expansion installed , and ambitons.

Everything works fine except that starting a game in twinbrook seems impossible, and after loading the city for 2 sec i read this :

"A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application."

screenshots here : https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/17/30/82/46/error10.jpg

started a game in "sunset valley" and it worked as well as in "apaloosa plains". I used all the cracks provided in the FIX.

Thanx for your help , and all the hard work to get all the FIXes and great tutorials.
SmileSmile

Back to top Go down

A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty Re: A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:40

Hello,

Please open your The Sims 3 launcher and hover your mouse over the base game's icon. What version does it show? It should start with 1.xx.x .

Also, do you have any Mods and/or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED] Empty Re: A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:44

Thanks for the fast reply,

apparently i have an update problem , it says 0.0.0.000000 for ambitions , what should i do ? :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 18:52

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:20

Hello,
If applying the fix doesn't solve that, try uninstalling&reinstalling Ambitions only. I had the same thing with High end loft stuff, I didn't notice for a while though, since HELS isn't as obvious to miss as Ambitions is.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 19:24

hi,

Yes i ll try that , apparently the fix doesnt solve the problem , as i have only ambitions at 0.0.0.00000 the base and pets are fine ...

thanx

//EDIT

hi ,

So i uninstalled/reinstalled ambitions , the launcher still says 0.0.0.0000 for ambitions , but i didnt touch any updates yet , should i launch the manual update now?

thanks

//EDIT

Also if it can help to solve the problem i noticed that sims3launcher , both in base game and pets folders work , in ambitions when i try to open it , it says " the version fo this file is not compatible [...] to see whether you need x86 or x64[...] "

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 20:06

Hello,
Did you restart the pc between uninstalling and reinstalling?
That the Ambitions launcher doesn't work is normal, EA changed the way their expansions work with Generations.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 20:09

hi,

No i didnt restart between , uninstall and install , ill restart in between and see if it works

thanx

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2012, 20:12

Hello,
Please let us know the result. And yes you can do the manual patch if your game isn't version 1.29 yet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2012, 20:24

hi ,

After uninstall of ambitions , restart computer , reinstall of ambitions , in the launcher ambitions is still at 0.0.0.0000000 but the base game and pets are up to date , should i launch the manual patch ?

Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 23:00

Hello,

Yes, apply this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch and then re-apply the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:48

hello,

i am trying one more time , today , i found out that i had used previously a windows compatibility mode 98 for ambitions , i removed it , now ill try all over again with the fix and ill let you know Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:08

Hello,
Good luck Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:04

HELLO Smile Smile ,

Alright everybody , so after all the struggle , now i finally made it work !

So i think the problem was the fact that somehow , at one moment touched the compatibility mode of ambitions ( windows 98) and after modifying it in the registry , i just completely reinstalled everything ;

-Sims Base game
-Pets
-Ambitions
(without any type of crack)
-then patch 1.29

-After that i just took the Main crack provided in the Fix (#Crack) and moved it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Started the game with TS3W.exe and it works perfectly.

Never touch the compatibility mode
and install the expansions in the right order.

Hope this will help others.

And thanx to Admin and Lady Eldi for great help and awesome work !!

SmileSmileSmile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 22:18

Hello,

Glad to hear you found out what the problem was. The only thing I could be saying is; have fun playing and don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more assistance! A serious error has occured while loading 'Twinbrook.world'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. [SOLVED] 3479271199

Topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top