Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially. Empty Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially.

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 00:18

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with Sims 3, which I just installed with all the expansions on a new PC (following each step of the install guide on here). For a while the graphics were fine, then for some reason, the lighting and shadows and tree detail settings stopped functioning correctly. No matter what I set them to, they're permanently on low. The other settings change just fine it seems.

My specs:
Power Supply: Corsair CX750 750W
Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz/PC12800
Motherboard: Asus Z87-K
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Device log:
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3398 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4531 RAM: 8130 Adjusted RAM: 8130 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
OS major ver: 5
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 3
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Family: 6
Model: 12
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 8130MB
Free memory: 5778MB
User: Administrator
Computer: UKGC-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 
Name (database): GeForce GTX 660 [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 11c0, Board: 11c01569, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.2049, GUID: D7B71E3E-5280-11CF-D87E-CD311CC2C435
Driver version: 2049
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 4040MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 3
GeneralReflections 2
TextureQuality 3
VisualEffects 3
TerrainQuality 3
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 0
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 4
TreeQuality 3
DrawDistance 3
MaxActiveLots 4
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
I would post pictures but I'm not yet allowed to. Basically no matter what the setting of lighting and shadows, the sky is poor quality, there are hardly any shadows and no ambient lighting.

I've changed Nvidia options, tried different drivers, cleared caches and options.ini before each game load, edited GraphicsCards.sgr to include mine, still no change.

Thank you for reading, if you could help me I would really appreciate that so much!

//Edit:  Changed the font color and positioning so that your PC specs weren't in black font and easier to read!  Smile

-Sephymuffins

Last edited by Sephymuffins on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 00:50; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : tried to change the font colour...)

Back to top Go down

Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially. Empty Re: Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially.

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:26

I can tell from the DeviceConfig.log that you have a pc with excellent hardware. However, I don't quite understand your problem unless you give me a screenshot, due to the fact that the tree details are set to 3 and others are on high settings. Please show us a screenshot so that we can tackle your problem.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially. Empty Re: Graphics problem. Lighting and shadows don't work properly, other settings partially.

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 00:29

I am having the same issue here Sad

Mod edit: please open a NEW topic for your issue(s). Thank you. 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top