Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch. Empty Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 21:02

First of hi and sorry if this has already been posted, but I did go through the stuff here and didn't find anything related to my problem.
I just updated my Sims with the newest patch in order to use Roaring Heights. Now I got two problems,

1. I have no idea which packages work now correctly. Is there anything to solve that problem?
  2. Going in-game to see if it works without CC (it does) but once everything was done loading I got the message to insert my CD, which I don't have since I downloaded the game and use it with a crack.

Normally, I find it really easy to help myself but right now I'm simply helpless and don't know what to do with myself.  Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch. Empty Re: Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Dec 2013, 21:51

nesssyxo wrote:First of hi and sorry if this has already been posted, but I did go through the stuff here and didn't find anything related to my problem.
I just updated my Sims with the newest patch in order to use Roaring Heights. Now I got two problems,

1. I have no idea which packages work now correctly. Is there anything to solve that problem?
  2. Going in-game to see if it works without CC (it does) but once everything was done loading I got the message to insert my CD, which I don't have since I downloaded the game and use it with a crack.

Normally, I find it really easy to help myself but right now I'm simply helpless and don't know what to do with myself.  Sad

Hello,

What about the "Ultimate fix", have you tried that already ? Look at steps #3 and #4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

About the CC: as far as the official store items are concerned, they ALWAYS work. If you have user-made CC items (= "third-party content"), then most of them should work too, unless it's so-called "Bad CC" or really old stuff.

Let us know how it went !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch. Empty Re: Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 22:47

Okay so I did as I was told and I can replace the .exe file but not the .dll one...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Dec 2013, 22:52

nesssyxo wrote:Okay so I did as I was told and I can replace the .exe file but not the .dll one...

Why is that - do you get any error message ?

And if so, what exactly does the message say ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 22:56

I get the message "Access Denied". Which I don't understand since I'm the only person using the laptop so I have to have all Administration rights.

//EDIT

I tried again and it worked! Sims 3 won't run after installing new Patch. Icon_smile 
I'm gonna try and see if the game works now. Thank you already.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Dec 2013, 23:12

nesssyxo wrote:I get the message "Access Denied". Which I don't understand since I'm the only person using the laptop so I have to have all Administration rights.

Yes,this can happen sometimes with operating systems from Windows Vista onwards...

Go to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Right-click on the Bin folde and go to "Properties". Then go to the "Sharing"-tab (second tab from left). In the middle, is the "Advanced sharing"-button; click on it. In the new window, click on the "Permissions-button". And in the new window, mark the box "Full control". Now...close all windows by clicking on "apply", and then on "OK".

If that doesn't work, you can try repeating this process, by applying it to the "parent folders". That is, go on with "Game", then "The Sims 3", then "Electronic Arts", etc.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 23:15

Oh my god, you guys are amazing. It worked! 
Thank youuuuu!  santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top