Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 May 2017, 19:22

Hey everyone, last night I downloaded the Sims 4 torrent plus GTW, City Living, and Get Together. First I installed the base game using a Wineskin tutorial on youtube, and it ran just fine. But when I decided to add the DLC thats where I started having troubles. 

I'm on a MacBook Air, and according to the tutorial on this page it doesnt have the option to "Copy and Merge" so I copied and pasted the files that I didnt see on the base game, including the EP01 etc folders since my base game only had four folders. Now, The game still runs fine. But when I finish creating the sims and actually go start the game at the house, it looks like its loading but then it gives me a blank notification screen and it only has a button that said OK. (Sorry about the horrible photo)Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED] Image210

Is there anything I did wrong? I didnt copy anything into the _Installer folder on the base game since I wasn't clear on wether I should replace or merge or what. I did copy the DLC folders from GTW, CL, and GT. Maybe thats it? heres what the base game looks like now. 

Sorry if I seem like a noob. Any help would be appreciated Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED] Screen10

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 May 2017, 05:36

The problem is solved. 

If anyone encounters the same problem heres what I did: I went back to the Wineskin wrapper and showed package content, and replaced all the files in the base game folders like the tutorial says. I must have skipped some files in order for the game not to fully play but after that it worked. 

Just a reminded for anyone that is having troubles, it goes Base Game - Get to Work - Get Together - City Living - and idk if theres an other new one. I'm not the best at working around Mac issues but if anyone has another problem you can shoot me a PM or post here and Ill try to help. Copying files is the confusing part, and thats what I was doing wrong. Have fun playing everyone

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 wont play after installing DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 24 May 2017, 22:59

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top