Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8 Compatibility

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8 Compatibility Empty Windows 8 Compatibility

Post by Guest Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:24

Hi, would like to know if TS3 and all its expansion work fine on Windows 8 or 8.1?
Also, if only some expansions were installed and new ones are released, is it possible to install the new ones without having to re-install the base game and its expansions?

Thank you for all your hard work!(:

//EDIT
Hi, sorry about multiple threads, but I'm trying to make sure I'm posting in the right section! Windows 8 Compatibility 1577371209 
I've encountered a weird lagging problem with TS3.

Expansions Installed: Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future.

The first game I started was in Isla Paradiso, with 2 werewolves(Adult/Teen), a vampire(Adult) and one adult cat. 
The lag is where everything was uncontrollable, but the screen does not freeze. 
Meaning I can still see  Windows 8 Compatibility 611149516  spinning on top of my sims' heads, but I can't scroll the screen or click on anything (cursor is movable).
The weird part was that when the time-travelling portal appeared, and I made my sims go through it (left my cat behind), the game does not lag anymore in the new map (Oasis Landing).

Is there any known issue with Isla Paradiso or is there something wrong with my game?

Helper Edit: I merged them together because I find it better to discuss them in one thread, especially when they are encountered by the same user.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 Compatibility Empty Re: Windows 8 Compatibility

Post by Guest Sat 14 Dec 2013, 12:47

Hello!
So first of all, we do have a lot of users playing The Sims 3 on Windows 8.
All the Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs have now been released for the Sims 3, so no worries here either!
Does this happen only in Isla Paradiso? Did you try other worlds?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2013, 03:43

Me and my sister found that Isla Paradiso is very laggy, I decided to start fresh with Lucky Palms and the lagging stopped for me and well for her it is not as laggy. Other thing is if you have Custom Content, and lots of it, it can cause lag too. I had to compile my CC into bigger packages and it seem to make things a lot better. Not entirely sure if it will help you, but give another world a try if you havent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Dec 2013, 14:36

Thanks! It works most perfectly on my laptop now, running on windows 8. If you could help me check, could you let me know if there is any way to install the rest of the expansions without re-installing the entire thing in accordance to the installation guide?

I played a different game in Moonlight Falls, it doesn't lag at all. I suspect it's just the Isla Paradiso map?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:31

Hello,

To install the rest of the expansions, all you have to do is to install them together, and follow steps 2-4 of this guide:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Let us know if that helps Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 14:48

Thanks! I will try and get back to you.(:
Still downloading the rest, it's taking awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top