Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED] Empty How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 02:16

I dual booted windows 8.1 and windows 7 cause  windows 8.1 gives more fps to me Smile.I cant run sims 3 do i have to reinstall whole game?? :newfag:  Help  Noob

Back to top Go down

How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Apr 2014, 05:09

simplayer2123 wrote:I dual booted windows 8.1 and windows 7 cause  windows 8.1 gives more fps to me Smile.I cant run sims 3 do i have to reinstall whole game?? :newfag:  Help  Noob

Hello,

What you have are basically TWO (separate) operating systems. So yes, you have to re-install the game on the other OS too. However, you can just copy your "user data" from one OS onto e.g. a USB flashdrive or an external hard-drive. And then of course paste that onto the other Windows.

Your "user data" is basically the folder called The Sims 3, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. This folder basically contains all your savefiles, and any mods/custom content too. You can easily transfer that whole folder onto other computers and other operating systems too, BUT you need to have the exact same expansions installed on your other system, otherwise you may get problems.

So just create a custom "Electronic Arts" folder on the other Windows (of course in the "My Documents" location). And then paste the folder "The Sims 3" in there.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Apr 2014, 09:19

Thx for help Smile

Mod edit: I think I've said everything, so I'll close the topic. If you want the topic to be re-opened, just PM me.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top