Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin] - Page 2 Empty What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin]

Post by Narong30 Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:00

First topic message reminder :

Hello all,

Hope you'll having fun with your family and friend.

Back to our topic, I'm using Norton 360 V5. I do like this antivirus because :

1) Lite
2) Very fast database update. [Fastest among all]
3) Windows 7 friendly [Previously I was using the Kasperksy Internet Security 2011, but it always caused BSOD problem for me. And I've try the Microsoft Security Essential. I do like it, but I need to accept that it's a free version and the free version will not be good as paid version.
4) Idle scan, It'll auto scan when you away from your computer. And delete the tracking cookie.

That's all. I hope you'll can share something with me.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin] - Page 2 Empty Re: What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 16:17

my dad is still ict-er and he still recomand it

Back to top Go down

What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin] - Page 2 Empty Re: What Antivirus you're using [Let's the War begin]

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 23:00

Only use MSE..........

got rid of AVG, it got sooo inflated.........

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 02:21

sloski wrote:Only use MSE..........

got rid of AVG, it got sooo inflated.........

Before this, I love to use the MSE, very lite Smile I do like it, but there is something bug on MSE that will cause Windows Security Center corrupted. SO I decide to change Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:59

Never had that problem..

been using it now for a couple of years......

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:04

sloski wrote:Never had that problem..

been using it now for a couple of years......

I've no idea.
But when I get that problem, automatically I can't open the MSE and update it. It'll auto close.
So I contact MSE live support. They help me solve it. But after few weeks, I get back the same problem. So I decide to move
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 21:40

no disrespect but I'm using AVG cuz it is the best out there

simple to use
it does nut bug you with stupid access questions..
so far it have always done an excilent scanning and removing job (virus free for 3 years now) provide a excellent basic protection (free version ) and advance protection (paid)

and its the firs SOFTWARE I've ACTUALLY PAID FOR (with no regrets ) ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 20:47

none...

i'm installing my OS too often...upgrading parts...or complete systems so often in a given year that i just don't see the point, further i built a hardware firewall that is connected between the internet and my internal network...and other than my gaming rig nothing else in the house runs windows...it's either linux or mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:14

OSOK wrote:none...

i'm installing my OS too often...upgrading parts...or complete systems so often in a given year that i just don't see the point, further i built a hardware firewall that is connected between the internet and my internal network...and other than my gaming rig nothing else in the house runs windows...it's either linux or mac
Hi there,

A hardware firewall? Sounds interesting; can you tell us more about this?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:23

MSE and malwarebytes FTW.

About AVG and Norton I never try those 2 AV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 04:52

Admin wrote:
OSOK wrote:none...

Hi there,

A hardware firewall? Sounds interesting; can you tell us more about this?

basically an old PC running linux.

here's what i use
http://www.smoothwall.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2012, 05:23

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It isn't the best, but it's free, and I'm very careful online. Lol, before going on almost any website I check it with Norton Safe Web AND MyWOT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:21

Michael Myers wrote:I'm not at home, but I don't think I need to use an AV really.
a) I only download music from trustworthy sites.
b) I never accept any thing from any one.
c) I only visit the sites I trust.
But of course, an AV is really handy.

it might still be safe to have one. even trusted sites can lead to adware/malware/viruses even if its unintended. can be hackers that jump on that website and just start attacking people.

i don't do much on my macbook except school stuff but still have something to feel protected.

i run norton on my mac and pc. i used to use spysweeper but it really was not worth it.. norton + ccleaner was better then spysweeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 03:03

I used to use McAfee, however now I am using the Windows 8 one. Works well, currently disabled though as it kept deleting some Sims 3 fixes after extracting Razz

Going to enable it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 08:38

I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, easy to use, very light on resources and so far hasn't let anything nasty get through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 01:33

I use Microsoft Security Essentials - which is free. The review I read said it had "a small footprint", and doesn't get in your way. So anything that isn't a resource hog gets an "A" in my book. I really like it. I seldom think about it.
I also have malwarbytes. I run one or the other now and then, but I usually don't even think about it, given my 'boring' internet habits, ha ha. Not many troubles with word processing and the Sims, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2012, 01:15

I did have avast on my computer but don't use it anymore due to the fact that it played havoc with my sims game and after the last update it completely slowed my system down and crashed nearly everything. I now use only MSE which is fast and efficient.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 13:56

condor wrote:I did have avast on my computer but don't use it anymore due to the fact that it played havoc with my sims game and after the last update it completely slowed my system down and crashed nearly everything. I now use only MSE which is fast and efficient.

I do suggest you to use Malwarebyte together with MSE. MSE it self don't have total security Smile ....
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 13:41

I've tried many of those listed here, and I ended up settling with one that I haven't seen mentioned; Panda Cloud. Here's a rundown of my dislikes with some of those listed:

- Avast!: Too egotistical - when it declares something malware it acts as if it knows better than you (ie: no options to ignore other than going into the UI and manually adding an exclusion for the directory [which didn't work for me], putting said "malware" back into the virus chest seconds after you remove it from the chest)

- Avira: The popups after updating. You can use a policy setting to disable it, but after a few years of using Avira (and formatting/reinstalling regularly) you get tired of work-arounds. [I think they started putting the notifier in the Antivirus executable anyhow]

- PC Tools Antivirus: They ticked me off with the switching to "Security Suite" and getting rid of the stand alone Firewall.

- AVG: Ads

- Norton: When I was in the military we got it for free and I loved that DoD version, but the commercial versions are crap.

Ultimately it's going to come down to what you want instead of what you need. There is no such thing as a "perfect" Antivirus. The "top" AV suites typically revolve around three rating categories: 1) Detections 2) Cleanup 3) Usability (ie: how "user friendly" is it?). Those that score high in #1 typically also have a lot of false alarms. Those that score high in #2 don't typically need to score high in #1 - so fewer false alarms. And no matter how they score on those two categories, if there are issues with #3 it may not matter what they CAN detect or clean up. I prefer one that may not be the best in any of those individual categories, but combined they produce a very decent product that isn't too annoying. The solution for me was Panda Cloud - just make sure you remove the URL filter if you use it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top