Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game Empty Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:25

Before you ask, I used this 6 months ago till recently some wolds and packs caused my game to mess up and did a clean uninstall. Come to re-downloading, I installed the base game, Everything worked back as normal. Downloaded World adventures, and the problems start, Never had a problem with installation before.

So, First thing, Crack folder one the patch, Never worked, installed it to the correct place
Went to crack 2 with the bin files etc, there was no folders in the destination quoted on the help file to "Replace" them
Moved onto crack 3 with the updates, everyone gave a error message saying it didn't have the right things to start it
Restarted game launcher, It downloaded the most recent patch
Installed world adventures as said, downloaded the patch as quoted, Copied and replaced the files as said, Loaded it back up and all my text has gone now unable to also start the game   Help  Help  Help  Help 

So, I've just re-installed everything ....AGAIN.
PLEASE Help me this is frustrating me now! What do I need to do?

//EDIT

Update: Installed JUST base game, text still missing in launcher. Anyone????

//EDIT

Someones gotta know come on.. No shit, Sherlock. Theres nothing on this forum about launcher text, game works perfect. Tried my reg edit and the settings are fine, can anyone help?

//EDIT

Yet another bug: "SimsLauncher has stopped working".. even AFTER applying the fix to the game/bin folder. Mods? Anyone? jeez.

Moderator edit: please, use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game Empty Re: Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 15:22

what if you try launching the game manually without the game launcher? at C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin... double-click TS3W.exe. does it work?

Back to top Go down

Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game Empty Re: Game launcher text missing / Unable to start game

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 08:42

Yes I Applied the Ultimate fix and it sorted everything the text is back now ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top