Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty Re: How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 04:57

Thanks for the downloads and tutorials. I have a quick question about updating.

If I have a few of the expansions installed, and want to play while the rest download, how would I go about unpatching the game when I want to add the new expansions.

For Instance: I have installed the base game, and everything through Generations (in order). If I want to start playing now, and I crack it, is there a method to uncrack, and install the new expansions and stuff packs?

Back to top Go down

How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty Re: How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 31 Dec 2013, 06:47

KillerKiwi wrote:Thanks for the downloads and tutorials. I have a quick question about updating.

If I have a few of the expansions installed, and want to play while the rest download, how would I go about unpatching the game when I want to add the new expansions.

For Instance: I have installed the base game, and everything through Generations (in order). If I want to start playing now, and I crack it, is there a method to uncrack, and install the new expansions and stuff packs?

You are very welcome!

And good news:  No need!  All you need to do is install any/all expansions, re-crack and use the manual patch once more (just for safe measure) and you can play once more.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 07:21

Admin wrote:*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 23-10-2013

1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)
If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.
Base game installation video tutorial: removed - not allowed to post links.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded removed - not allowed to post links)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )
Ultimate Fix video tutorial: removed - not allowed to post links

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

So I can crack my game right now, and begin to play, and then once I download new expansions, I just repeat the steps in order? Install the new expansions, run the manual update, follow the ultimate fix pdf, and then finally recrack every game?

Moderator edit: Topics split. Next time, please make a NEW topic in the "Sims (3) downloads support" section right away. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 31 Dec 2013, 07:39

You do not need to re-crack ALL games because you should only be using the crack on the base-game.  Smile  That crack is found within the Ultimate Fix.

But other than that, you're perfect, that's all you need to do.  You're better off playing but not saving, only because the Manual Patch tends to erase save games.  You can always back-up your save games, but in a lot of ways you're better off just waiting a bit longer until you have all the games you want.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 07:46

I have all of the expansions I want. I'm just now getting the stuff packs and store items though. However, the Ultimate Fix PDF wants me to crack expansions before Generations, or is that wrong?

3. For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
4. For The Sims 3 - World Adventures: open the "World Adventures" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
5. For The Sims 3 - High End Loft Stuff: open the "High End Loft Stuff" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
6. For The Sims 3 - Ambitions: open the "Ambitions" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
7. For The Sims 3 - Fast Lane Stuff: open the "Fast Lane Stuff" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
8. For The Sims 3 - Late Night: open the "Late Night" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
9. For The Sims 3 - Outdoor Living Stuff: open the "Outdoor Living Stuff" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
10. For The Sims 3 – Into the Future &Movie Stuff &Island Paradise & University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 31 Dec 2013, 18:06

I know it can be a bit misleading, but all you actually want to do is copy and paste the contents of the #Crack folder (found within the Fix) to your base-game's /game/bin/ folder.  Smile  That's the only "cracking" you need to do.  All expansions don't need their own crack, as that is outdated.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top