Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" Empty Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 02:47

My main question is do I have to install ALL the expansions I want now before the fix or can I just download one of the ones I need for it to work (Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, or Generations) and then download the others I want later (and apply the cracks)?

Second question is when I originally install the base Sims 3 game (and others) does it matter if i check the box for the EA manager/latest version of Origin to get patches? I need someone to explain how the updates work I find it confusing

And I know probably tons of people ask this, but does it matter what order i install games in...? Doesn't say that it does in the instructions but I've seen other people say you should install it in a certain order..
ex.

The Sims 3 base game
The Sims 3 World Adventures
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Ambitions
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Showtime

Thanks and sorry if this isn't in the right place or my questions don't make sense
Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" 1577371209 Sad

Back to top Go down

Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" Empty Re: Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly"

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 06 Jul 2012, 09:51

Hello,

No you just need one of those expansions you mention to be able to use the fix. You can indeed install additional expansions later but don't apply their cracks, only the crack in the fix should be used, and only if you get an error during start up after installing an expansion.
You don't need eadm/Origin because you can always install a patch manually. G4TW always has a link to the latest superpatch in the "sims fixes" section.
There's no need to install the expansions in a particular order, it makes no difference whether you start with WA or Generations or any other pack. Though something could be said for installing Outdoor Living Stuff before World Adventures because you can avoid changing the SKU prior to installing either of these.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly" Empty Re: Questions about "How to install the Sims 3 correctly"

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 19:17

Okay so if install an expansion later I don't apply the crack in the fix unless I get an error during the start up?
Thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Jul 2012, 09:17

Hello,

Yes, that's right!
A general rule of thumb is that after installing one of the newer expansions or stuffs, you'll have to reapply the crack from the fix. That is Generations and everything that came after Generations.
The older expansions don't overwrite the TS3W.exe in the base game\bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:50

Okay thanks you guys are the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Jul 2012, 08:42

Hello,

You're welcome.
Do you have any other questions at the moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top