Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min. Empty Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 22:15

Lately when I play Sims 3 the game freezes and doesn't respond. I just got another EP for the Sims 3 (Supernatural), halfway through making my Sim the game freezes, the mouse still moves but the music stops, no sound effects. Just frozen. I clicked ctrl shift c to see if I could do anything but nothing hgappened. So I pressed ctrl alt del where I appeared at this little menu where I could shut down the computer, log off etc., and then clicked cancel. The game was un-frozen and the bar from me clicking ctrl shift c was there and everything seemed normal. Then it froze again. So I'm guessing as it freezes the game itself keeps going, the image just doesn't respond? I just need help and don't know what to do.  Help  Noob

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min. Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min.

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 13:36

A few guesses:
¤ Is your graphic card up to date?
¤ Can you try to use GameBooster from IOBit?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min. Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes after about 15-20 min.

Post by invalidusername Wed 08 Jan 2014, 16:21

Also, it sounds like this just started after you got Supernatural installed? If so (and we find it's not caused by something else) you may want to start thinking about which expansions you have that you really enjoy using, and uninstalling one or two of them.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top