Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED] Empty Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2014, 18:50

I just discovered this site and wish I had found it before!!  Found a lot of great tips.  I did search for an answer to my problem but nothing has worked so far.

I'm having a problem where I click on the portal and select Travel back home, and get stuck at about 99% loading.  I've left it for hours just to see if it would ever go and it won't.  I installed from the CD and run through Origin.  It worked fine at first for a day or 2.  I have all of the EP's and most of the SP's.  I don't have any mods or use CC.  I tried installing the ultimate fix and the #crack files - after I went back into the launcher and clicked refresh on the updates tab - it said there were no new updates.  I can't find the scriptCache.package file - I even ran a search.  I also deleted and repurchased the time portal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!   :newfag: 

Back to top Go down

Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2014, 19:09

sammizmom wrote:I just discovered this site and wish I had found it before!!  Found a lot of great tips.  I did search for an answer to my problem but nothing has worked so far.

I'm having a problem where I click on the portal and select Travel back home, and get stuck at about 99% loading.  I've left it for hours just to see if it would ever go and it won't.  I installed from the CD and run through Origin.  It worked fine at first for a day or 2.  I have all of the EP's and most of the SP's.  I don't have any mods or use CC.  I tried installing the ultimate fix and the #crack files - after I went back into the launcher and clicked refresh on the updates tab - it said there were no new updates.  I can't find the scriptCache.package file - I even ran a search.  I also deleted and repurchased the time portal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!   :newfag: 

Hello,

One thing straight away: there is no 'definite' solution for this glitch, I'm afraid. The 'travel system' in Sims 3 is heavily glitched, so that many people either can't reach the destination or can't leave it again.

There is one thing you can try, which is what I once did, and it worked for me (but I can't guarantee it will definitely work for you too):

Download the latest versions of NRAAS Traveller and NRAAS Master Controller. If you don't know how to install mods, look at the guide on how to install .package files here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

Start the game and load the save where you're "stuck". Go to a computer or click on the town hall logo in "town view", and choose NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything. Wait for the reset to complete.

Now, choose the option "Save as.." and choose a new name for the save.

Exit to the main menu then and choose the 'new' save. See if can travel back then.

If that doesn't work, I'm unsure. But keep us updated - and good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't travel back to the present in Into the Future. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jan 2014, 21:47

Oh my gosh that worked!  Thank you so so much!!!

Moderator edit: OK, the problem seems solved. Smile  If you have more questions, feel free to open a new topic here. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top