Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims missing and can't go to Uni

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims missing and can't go to Uni Empty Sims missing and can't go to Uni

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 23:30

The first problem was when I'd send one of my legacy sims to Uni. It'd load, but acted like she didn't exist. Wasn't anywhere. Tried to go back to her previous family and they were gone. It's like they had never been placed. Placed them again, tried to send the oldest to Uni again and it didn't work. I was able to send one of the premade family's daughter to uni without a problem. Placed the legacy parents and was able to send the wife. I've already applied the ultimate fix, still hasn't worked. I got the NRAAS mod for traveling in hopes it'd help. When I started up my game from last night (played through the SAME family for the third or fourth time) The two parents were gone and the oldest of the 5 children. I searched for solution everywhere but couldn't find it. Decided it didn't matter as long as the heir could go to Uni, but once again it practically deleted her when I tried. Going back to the house where the 3 other children should've been, all that was left was the dog. I have the bought base game and seasons. Uni, pets, and supernatural are from here.

I just switched the backup and main save for the original save from last night. The missing child is back, but the parents are still gone. They're in the family tree, but I don't see them in town. I'm gonna try to send two sims to Uni at the same time, maybe that will work.

Back to top Go down

Sims missing and can't go to Uni Empty Re: Sims missing and can't go to Uni

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Jan 2014, 05:36

harlequinromance wrote:The first problem was when I'd send one of my legacy sims to Uni. It'd load, but acted like she didn't exist. Wasn't anywhere. Tried to go back to her previous family and they were gone. It's like they had never been placed. Placed them again, tried to send the oldest to Uni again and it didn't work. I was able to send one of the premade family's daughter to uni without a problem. Placed the legacy parents and was able to send the wife. I've already applied the ultimate fix, still hasn't worked. I got the NRAAS mod for traveling in hopes it'd help. When I started up my game from last night (played through the SAME family for the third or fourth time) The two parents were gone and the oldest of the 5 children. I searched for solution everywhere but couldn't find it. Decided it didn't matter as long as the heir could go to Uni, but once again it practically deleted her when I tried. Going back to the house where the 3 other children should've been, all that was left was the dog. I have the bought base game and seasons. Uni, pets, and supernatural are from here.

I just switched the backup and main save for the original save from last night. The missing child is back, but the parents are still gone. They're in the family tree, but I don't see them in town. I'm gonna try to send two sims to Uni at the same time, maybe that will work.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer in this case. The travelling system in "The Sims 3" is heavily glitched, so that many simmers either don't "arrive" at their destination or can't travel back anymore.

This glitch has nothing to do with the Ultimate fix or any mods. This is "just" an in-game bug, for which there is no solution, that works for everybody.

I believe (maybe I'm mistaking) that in the NRAAS Traveller mod there is an option for you to save the game before travelling anywhere. So before you leave for the destination, you'll be prompted to save the game under a new name. You should then choose a new name for the save, which results in you having a "second savegame" basically. Maybe that can help too.

Other than that I can't offer much else. Wat.  I guess we'll have to hope for EA fixing this issue with a future patch.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jan 2014, 08:51

Well I tried again to move two sims to uni at once, hoping it'd work. It didn't. Same result. Went back to their first house and my heir was still there, with the action to go to Uni. She stopped and I was able to register again and successfully moved her. Her entire family was gone besides her. I'm very glad that she at least made it, but I'm very worried if I continue my legacy, random people from the family (maybe important ones) will be missing. Thanks for replying at least.

EDIT: Apparently your sim leaves to go home after every term? She disappeared again. I'm just gonna start a new legacy family and pretend the Uni town doesn't exist. I REALLY hope people don't randomly disappear without leaving to go anywhere and it doesn't do it with all travel.

//EDIT

I posted another thread that was focused on my sims disappearing while I went to Uni, but now they're just straight up disappearing in the town. Made a new family, moved them in, and played some last night. This morning I load the game and they're gone. Only their cats are left. The same thing has been happening with my legacy family from previous days, but I didn't bother with it as long as my heir was still okay. I have the base game, seasons, and ambitions bought. Pets, uni, and supernatural are from here.

EDIT: Also, I've applied the ultimate fixer twice, hasn't helped. My sims weren't traveling this time. They've both stayed in the same town and haven't attempted to move or go to Uni.

Moderator edit: Topics merged. Please keep all your Sims 3-related problems in ONE topic. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 22:40

I fixed it myself. Loaded the game without any CC or mods and they're there. Is there a program that goes through your cc/mods and deletes the bad ones?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 23:20

Not really. But you can try Delphy's Dashboard (just google it!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top